Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it be true, Run Flats are listed as a No Cost Option on the M235i meaning regular tires are standard .
On any other series run flats are always listed as STD. However on the 2 series pricing guide only listed as STD on the 228i and optional on the M235i.

·
Registered
157 Posts
spare?

If true, is there even enough room in the 235 trunk
for a spare wheel and tire?
I am not a fan of run flat tires - had them on a Corvette
and more recently on a 335iS.
- Ray
Curious .....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Could it be true, Run Flats are listed as a No Cost Option on the M235i meaning regular tires are standard .
On any other series run flats are always listed as STD. However on the 2 series pricing guide only listed as STD on the 228i and optional on the M235i.
On the ordering guide, run flats are STD and optional on the m235i, if it is optional, bet get an M mobility kit like on other M's, I would hope for a donut but bet not. I dont think any BMW comes with a spare now does it? :dunno:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on the info on the BMW website only the performance tires are available as non-RTF's. No mention of a mobility kit or spare.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
You are correct. I can confirm that the M235i will have non-run-flat tires with a mobility kit in the trunk.

Tim

·
Registered
856 Posts
It will have PS2's no less!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct. I can confirm that the M235i will have non-run-flat tires with a mobility kit in the trunk.

Tim
Looks like a M235i Convertible ED will be replacing the 325Cic later this year or next :thumbup: Oktoberfest in Munich here we come :bigpimp:

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
I think what's even more appealing than non-run flats is knowing the suspension was designed for non-run flats. :thumbup:

Now if I could just find $49,000 lying around that's not labeled "Daycare fees". :confused:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just confirmed for my Canadian build - standard Michelin summer PS2 rft (zp). We don't get a non-rft option.
Look at tim330i post, specifications between USA and Canada along with about every country is different, look at the UK, you can get cloth seats, may more engine options. There is a Canadian and USA order sheet on this site somewhere, if I can find them, will post the URL to each post

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I are totally new to the BMW world. We just picked up a 2020 M235i xdrive, is came with Bridgestone Turanza RFT, 225/40/18 all around. What is the widest tire I could run on my exiting wheels? I have noticed a decent amount of understear and I am hoping a better tire will help.

Some of the reviews I have read blame the understear on the front biased AWD system of this model. Any thoughts?

Donny
Mesa, AZ

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
My wife and I are totally new to the BMW world. We just picked up a 2020 M235i xdrive, is came with Bridgestone Turanza RFT, 225/40/18 all around. What is the widest tire I could run on my exiting wheels? I have noticed a decent amount of understear and I am hoping a better tire will help.

Some of the reviews I have read blame the understear on the front biased AWD system of this model. Any thoughts?

Donny
Mesa, AZ
I really do not know the answer to your question about widest tires you can fit on those wheels, but I will warn you to let it be.

Point 1 : AWD cars are extremely finicky to difference in tires. I know that new tires on front axle and old tires on the rear (or inverted) are not a problem. HOWEVER, I would not personally mount different tire sizes front-rear on a BMW with AWD.

Point 2 : to fight understeer, you need more rubber at the front and less on the rear. Right now you have square setup, that would mean putting slightly wider tires on the front (or changing camber significantly - another can of worms). I would avoid changing to different tire size. See point 1 above.

If you still want to pursue that, try chat with tirerack.com - they will for sure be able to tell you what is the widest you can go on those rims.

Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Compact spare

bimmerzone.com carries compact spares for BMW. My 2 series has one fitted over the battery. It's held down by 2 ratchet straps X'd clipped on hooks in 4 corners in the trunk. works like a charm.:thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
X drive bias

BMW Xdrives are all rear wheel biased.:thumbup:

Donny
Mesa, AZ

1 - 20 of 27 Posts