BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It depends if those are the non SP or those with SP.

However, while browsing in tirerack, I've discovered that there are NO 16'' runflat tires available for winter driving !!!

Here in Canada, I'll have no choice then to drive without a spare during the winter.... And I'm really thinking about getting all-season tires non runflat for the summer... Cheaper, less noisy and a better alternative.. And I don't believe BMW when they say that the suspension was fine tuned for the runflats..

·
Registered
507 Posts
calvado said:

However, while browsing in tirerack, I've discovered that there are NO 16'' runflat tires available for winter driving !!!
Info from Donnalee:
Checked out the E90 winter tires on the dealers part system today

For European 325i they are

205/55/16 Goodyear Eagle UG GW-3 or
225/50/16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 or
225/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak

ofcourse they are all run-flat

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
calvado said:

Here in Canada, I'll have no choice then to drive without a spare during the winter....
Is there any space in the E90 trunk for a "donut spare" tire? My E46 SP has the run flats but still has the donut spare.

(BTW, I used regular snows this past winter mounted on a duplicate set of rims I bought used.)

·
In cubicle hell
550 Posts
calvado said:

Here in Canada, I'll have no choice then to drive without a spare during the winter.... And I'm really thinking about getting all-season tires non runflat for the summer... Cheaper, less noisy and a better alternative.. And I don't believe BMW when they say that the suspension was fine tuned for the runflats..
Hi calvado - my gf is running Dunlop Wintersport M3 runflats on her mini cooper s, so they are available in 16 inches :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
htdaab said:
of course there's room for a donut spare. there's even room for a full-size spare in the trunk
That's correct that you can fit a spare in the trunk, however, there's not a special place for a spare.

20,210 Posts
ic said:
You can use it to compare your current tire's wear factor and your tires mileages. If your tire wear factor is 280 and your tires only least for 48k. It means RE050A can be used for 24k in your driving style.
wrong.

wear factors are only somewhat meaningful if you're comparing two tires from the same manufacturer

·
Registered
391 Posts
Winter runflats are available from the dealer.

I prefer a car I can drive with a flat that having to change a spare on the side of a highway at night (That happened to me in April in an area where there were no road lights, even with hazards turned on it was unnerving).

Yes it's dull to throw a tire that has just a small puncture in it but honestly, how often do you blow one? It happened to me this year and that was the first time in about 14 years of driving. I don't expect to throw away runflats too often...

·
Registered
118 Posts
10K to 15K probably based on friend's experience

My friend has a Honda S2000 and his car came standard with the Bridgestone RE050 tire. The 330i Sport comes with the Bridgestone RE050A. The treadwear factor is the same on both our tires (140), and the sizes are very close. I assume that the "A" on the 330i tires denotes that they are the run-flat version. Tread pattern looks the same.

Anyway, he said he got about 10K from the rears, and 15K from the front. He drives pretty hard, but the S2000 is lighter, so we can probably expect about the same or maybe a little better or worse depending on how the car is driven.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.