Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida and I normally park my car in the garage. A few times I have left it out and it***8217;s just muggy and wet at times and I***8217;ve noticed rust starting to build on the rotors. this normally wouldn***8217;t bother me but I have the 303 wheels and so it***8217;s quite noticeable especially when the rest of the car looks so pristine. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to restore my car***8217;s swagger?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,462 Posts
Disc brake rotors are commonly made of raw iron that will rust if you look at it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. It just so noticeable with the 303 wheels. Thought there might be a treatment of some sort to mitigate this. Thanks though

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I live in Florida and I normally park my car in the garage. A few times I have left it out and it's just muggy and wet at times and I've noticed rust starting to build on the rotors. this normally wouldn't bother me but I have the 303 wheels and so it's quite noticeable especially when the rest of the car looks so pristine. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to restore my car's swagger?
Drive it around the block, hitting at least one stop sign.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,081 Posts
Rotors are made from IRON. They will rust in moisture no matter what. I've seen brand new cars sitting on lots with rusted out rotors. A quick spin and braking will shine them right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts