BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some rust under the step plate (black trim with chrome insert) on my passenger rear door on my 2003 330i (I hope that makes sense)...

I want to sand it down and re-primer and put paint to stop the corrosion, but I don't know how to remove the plate...any help.

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!
24,034 Posts
Usually when dealing with rust, it started somewhere else and you are just now seeing it. That is technically what I would call the rocker panel. I'd unclip the side skirt and see what is under there. Hopefully you don't find any major issues as rust isn't a common issue with these steel body part cars, but it never hurts to check.

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts
Sorry, can't find any DIYs on it.

I'd assume it just prys up in a fashion similar to how the door panels just pry off...but you know where that can get you sometimes.

·
ROLL TIDE!
24,034 Posts
Thats it! How do I get it off?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Pry it up with a screwdriver. It is held on my plastic clips. it makes a horrible breaking noise when it finally lets loose, but no worries. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.