BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peeps,

So my skirts are pretty rusty and I'm thinking about repairing the rust and then putting on new skirts. I want to try rust repair myself, but I've never done it before. I could take it to a bodyshop to get fixed, but money is short since the company I worked for went out of business.

The rust is pretty bad on the lower parts, but I bought the car cheap and it is mechanically sound.

Prepare yourself...

Also, I want to get the m3 skirts (preferably twistys) from DDMtuning, but I'm worried about the quality (polypropylene) and fit. I've seen ABS skirts on eBay that seem to be going for decent prices, that may be another option.

I've heard that there have been some fitment issues with the ddm skirts, any info regarding this?

I want to repair the rust and get new skirts before the salts hit the road. Any recommendations as to what I should do, where to buy the skirts, or tips on repair?

Thanks for your time,
Tim

*will resize pics

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
for the fenders.... you will either need to replace but if you dont want to do that and you know how to weld and bend metal the pm me and ill tell you a secret how i am going to do mine.

or if others want to hear it also..... someone shoot me a pm and ill photoshop and stuff to make it easier to understand

for the rust not on the fenders... sand to bare metal and then check for damages then if you have to replace metal do so.. then repaint.... try to get some thick paint.... i cant think of what its called.

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
your gping to have to cut thatr metal off and weld new metal in and then put the skirts on top

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
The skirts from DDM are good, the clips they give you are a little cheap. I went to the BMW dealership, and got their green grommets for the factory rocker panels (side skirts). They cost about .20 cents a piece, and I bought 26 or so. Can't remember off the top of my head.

DDM is the way to go with most of your body and headlight needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts