Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So i am thinking of ending the lease on my 328 xdrive and getting into a RWD 335. Contacted few dealers around NY/NJ to test drive one, and all they have are xdrives.
Are there any dealers on this forum who have a RWD in stock to test drive.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good Luck, I couldn't find one in region!
Truth is that on a simple test drive you won't be able to tell much of a difference between RWD and AWD.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,162 Posts
i had to order mine sight unseen. even had to put a deposit down because it was rwd (odd, the 6MT wasnt why)
its going to be very hard to find one on a lot to test drive.

·
I probably dislike you...
781 Posts
Hi All,

So i am thinking of ending the lease on my 328 xdrive and getting into a RWD 335. Contacted few dealers around NY/NJ to test drive one, and all they have are xdrives.
Are there any dealers on this forum who have a RWD in stock to test drive.

Thanks in advance
Can I ask what your purpose is for going from xDrive to RWD? If you ordered it, would you order it with the Sport/MSport package, or dynamic handling?

I am asking because typically the RWD setup + sport suspension options yields the most fun combination. But if you just want to go faster, primarily in a straight line and feel that 335i power, then xDrive accomplishes that. You could even consider adding the DHP package to an xDrive car.

Otherwise, good luck finding a 335i in the northeast without xDrive. Ordering a 335i with sport options and RWD is too big a risk for most dealers. Most buyers don't want to hassle with summer/winter tires and honestly, couldn't tell the difference between RWD and xDrive.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I ask what your purpose is for going from xDrive to RWD? If you ordered it, would you order it with the Sport/MSport package, or dynamic handling?

I am asking because typically the RWD setup + sport suspension options yields the most fun combination. But if you just want to go faster, primarily in a straight line and feel that 335i power, then xDrive accomplishes that. You could even consider adding the DHP package to an xDrive car.

Otherwise, good luck finding a 335i in the northeast without xDrive. Ordering a 335i with sport options and RWD is too big a risk for most dealers. Most buyers don't want to hassle with summer/winter tires and honestly, couldn't tell the difference between RWD and xDrive.
I always had RWD, F30 is my first xdrive, i really don't like it. Did not have a chance to test drive it before ordering since they were not out yet when i placed my order.
To answer your question, RWD would be ordered with 704 suspension, if i decided to get it.
I am not concerned with going fast in a straight line, i want 335 because i hate the sound of N20.
I am not sure if DHP would cure lousy xdrive suspension, if i end up getting AWD i will probably go with S4 or WRX.
I would much rather have RWD and pure clean steering, but after 328 xdrive i have no faith in F30 platform to order RWD 335 without test driving it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Luck, I couldn't find one in region!
Truth is that on a simple test drive you won't be able to tell much of a difference between RWD and AWD.
my friend has identical car to mine, base 328, except his is RWD and mine is xdrive. The difference is clear and you feel it right away. I might have to fly down to MD or VA, looks like dealers down there have some RWDs in stock :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts