BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Based on the following, the 5.5 liter capacity makes sense.
6.15 liters would bring it to the top mark on the dip stick. I've been using ~6.2 to do that. I get the same result checking the level using the recommended procedure as I do when checking it cold.
Interesting the leave it in the middle comment.

·
Learning to drive...
631 Posts
This is great info! I am forwarding this to my service advisor so they will not overfill the engine on my next oil change. Last time I pulled like 1.25l out before the level was at MAX on the dipstick :(

Florian

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Funny, my M3 took 6.5 L for the first change (my dime at 1200 mile service). This brought it up tothe top mark exactly.

The last change used only 6 L even, and brought it up just a hair under the top mark.

The second change agrees with the 5.5L to mid level, but the first change took more for some reason.

·
The knights who say Ni!
456 Posts
I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters? Also, what's the oil filter cap torque for the ///M's? My Z3 had the large 36mm nut molded into the lid cap. My ///M Roadster has just a small bolt holding the filter lid on.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters? Also, what's the oil filter cap torque for the ///M's? My Z3 had the large 36mm nut molded into the lid cap. My ///M Roadster has just a small bolt holding the filter lid on.

Attachments

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters?
The Z4 M's are 5.5L shown in a recent bulletin.

Earlier this year the Z3 M's and M3 S54's went to 5L and it still shows that in the recent bulletin. Maybe an error. Don't know.

·
The knights who say Ni!
456 Posts
Thanks alot Ron, as always! Car's creeping up above 6K now, so I've got the oil change planned for Sunday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts