BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

S54 Oil Capacity

18960 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  DaveZ
Based on the following, the 5.5 liter capacity makes sense.
6.15 liters would bring it to the top mark on the dip stick. I've been using ~6.2 to do that. I get the same result checking the level using the recommended procedure as I do when checking it cold.
Interesting the leave it in the middle comment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is great info! I am forwarding this to my service advisor so they will not overfill the engine on my next oil change. Last time I pulled like 1.25l out before the level was at MAX on the dipstick :(

Florian
Funny, my M3 took 6.5 L for the first change (my dime at 1200 mile service). This brought it up tothe top mark exactly.

The last change used only 6 L even, and brought it up just a hair under the top mark.

The second change agrees with the 5.5L to mid level, but the first change took more for some reason.
I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters? Also, what's the oil filter cap torque for the ///M's? My Z3 had the large 36mm nut molded into the lid cap. My ///M Roadster has just a small bolt holding the filter lid on.

I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters? Also, what's the oil filter cap torque for the ///M's? My Z3 had the large 36mm nut molded into the lid cap. My ///M Roadster has just a small bolt holding the filter lid on.

Attachments

The Z4 M's are 5.5L shown in a recent bulletin.

Earlier this year the Z3 M's and M3 S54's went to 5L and it still shows that in the recent bulletin. Maybe an error. Don't know.
I know this is a very old thread, but can I assume that the 5.5L oil capacity is still the same for the Z4 M Coupe and Roadsters?
Thanks alot Ron, as always! Car's creeping up above 6K now, so I've got the oil change planned for Sunday.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.