BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
F87 on the way!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the big GM discounts I took my sister over to Saab and drove a 9-3 Linear and she liked it a lot. Up until now I have been looking for a CPO 325i for her. But with the deals it looks like we are going to be able to pick one with the usual options (sunroof, auto, etc.) for around $21-22+tt&l.

I have owned two Saabs in the past (both 9000 Turbos) and they were good. I was wondering since there are a couple of Saab owners here what do you guys think of them as of late?

I also drove a 9-5 Aero while we were there. What a kick butt car. Reminded me of my 9000s but nicer with more comfortable (and ventilated!) seats. With the discounts they had a demo with 8K miles (auto - yuck) I could have picked up for just under $30K.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
I've had a couple of Saabs as loaners.

Very comfortable with nice smelling leather.

Handling was O.K. but that turbo 4 feels very unrefined.

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
I was thinking my mom should get the same car -- the 9-3 that is. I really like the look of it, it's elegant and sporty, and it would be a good car for her, specially at that price! :)

Too bad GM's cars suck almost 100%. The only one worth buying is the Vette and since that isn't on discount, f*ck it.

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I've driven the 9-3 and really liked it. It felt very solid, handled well, exterior looks really good, nice interior and seemed like a good deal. The only thing I didn't like was the headrest is too far forward but that can be fixed by purchasing a 9-3 convertible headrest and switching it.

The only other thing that stinks about the Saab is the resale value but buying the car for $22k pretty much eliminates that ... that is a heck of a deal !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts