BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
99 323is
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo recently my 323is 1999, has been grinding whenever I engage the clutch, I searched some old threads seems like a throw-out bearing issue. So if im gonna replace that I know I should do clutch and fly-wheel. I found a clutch and flywheel kit on this site but im hella iffy on it because it cost 307.00 im cool with that but I know this is suppose to be a very expensive situation. Do you guys know anything about Sachs clutches. Im new to the euro world, but apparently they use these clutches at alot of Euro factories? Any Advice on this would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks....

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I'm pretty sure Sachs is the OEM for BMW so that would be a safe bet. There are a lot of options out there you may want to consider to change performance.....- a lightweight flywheel, for example.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Okay, two schools of thought here.

1. Seach for Matt's 'Hellrot turbo build' thread, then search it for 'F1 Stage 2 clutch flywheel'

2. go to http://www.pelicanparts.com and search for their 'clutch super kit' to tell you EVERYTHING you 'should' change while in there. Then sub out the parts you can buy elsewhere of higher quality/better price, and you're golden from there.

Hope this helps,

Ed.

·
99 323is
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I looked up that F1 stage2 kit, im thinking thats the best bang for my buck. I researched the crap out of the company and reviews look pretty sound. My only other question is what do you guys think is fair labor wise ?

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
Wow ed thats one of the nicest posts ive ever seen you create lol, and my clutch was replaced with a OEM one, PO baught it from stealership :rofl:

now as far as labor goes we talking shop price or friend doing it price?

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Hey! I resent that Joe, I give helpful advice!

;)

For labour IIRC it's around 4-6 hours, so for a friend helping price, take that amount of cash, divide by 4 and buy that much beer...

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
^yes but its normally wraped in a bed of sarcasm :rofl:

just busting your chops you shifty canadian :p

BTW im loving the humming noise thread

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
;) One does what one can...

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,237 Posts
The experts at UUC produce high quality parts for BMW enthusiasts. Though they are often much less expensive than many performance aftermarket parts, quality is not compromised. High performance racing parts and accessories from a company built by racing enthusiasts. With a full line of quality suspension, braking, and other parts, it's easy to customize your vehicle while giving a unique driving experience.

The stage 2 lightened flywheel clutch kit is a great performance replacement. A flywheel that has been lightened to 8.5 pounds and produced by UCC adds quicker response and less rotational mass through the entire power range. The M5 clutch plate gives you the ability to easily replace a worn disc in the future without having to source custom parts. Perfect for higher horsepower applications and sportier driving.

Flywheel is constructed of 6061-T6 aluminum with replaceable 1050 steel friction surface.

Kit includes:

* UUC light weight flywheel
* M5 clutch disk, pressure plate, and release bearing
* Genuine BMW mounting hardware

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts