BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm leaving for UCLA in 3 weeks and I won't have a car the first year...my poor baby! I wanted to upgrade my headlights and maybe M50 manifold swap and chip and all these fun things, but I figure it's a waste of money if I won't use them all year. Agh!!!!!! :cry::cry:

Anyways, to something more relevant, what do you guys think I should do for my car while I'm gone? Pump up the tires to 50 psi, disconnect battery and cover it in the garage with parking brake off? Or just have my mom drive it every couple weeks (I'm pretty protective over it now though :eek:)?

·
<-----Sweet Jesus!
519 Posts
Why can't you take it with you? I couldn't part with mine, I have five other vehicles and i don't enjoy them as much as the BMW

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thats a good question....why cant you take it with you.....

Spose tho, if you cant......I guess, in my humble opinion.......letting mum drive it would be an OK option.

Its not good for a car to just sit.......and sit........and sit....

Cone
XXX

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:( I know what you're going through. Don't know if I can or not either......sniff.

To guys who are wondering:
-600+ for a parking permit
-Insurance goes up cuz you lose multi car discount
-You save money by not having to pay for gas, washes, maintenance, etc

I really wanna take my baby too, but it may not happen. We'll see with me.
Sorry Talon!!!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Well, I'm leaving for UCLA in 3 weeks and I won't have a car the first year.......what do you guys think I should do for my car while I'm gone?
Sell it.
Buy new one when you need it. If old cars aren't driven, they tend to die, slowly.

·
I am THE DECIDER!
1,363 Posts
yes if you dont take it you need to have someone drive it atleast once a week. i would also suggest putting some fuel stableizer in the tank.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Oh my god Pirate, can you imagine if we could not drive our Bimmers for even a day:cry::cry:

I feel for you. I am sure that your mum will take good care of her especially if she knows how much the car means to you. :thumbup:

·
..loves the ocean
216 Posts
Yeah, if I were in that scenario I would just have a parent drive it once a week or something.. :) Good luck.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I have a cousin that went to UCLA, great school! Talon, Good luck at your first year of college! Parking at most big schools these days is a total joke. Many schools do not allow freshman that live on campus to have vehicles. ...I think I would have died w/o my car in college! :) I'm sure your parents will have fun driving it around for you while you're gone!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Where did you guys go to school? College was a blast! I went to USF (South Florida), a school by the beach... That's almost as much fun as driving a BMW around all day. ...But don't you have to go to college first in order to get a good job..... to afford your next new BMW?

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
But it makes your odds of finding a good job better! ...Just don't go to Florida after graduation, the job market down here is pathetic!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts