BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Β·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out in Germany for a while and looking for a car to buy to bring home. Normally I'm more of a JDM guy, but I've cone across a clean E30 for sale at the price of €12,000 or about $14,000. I know I'll have to import it for about $2-3k and get it home (probably gonna road trip it). I'll be going to see it this upcoming Saturday, so I'm missing some info on it that I'll add as it's available. Personalky I would like to resell when I get it back state side and put the money towards some more stuff in the future. I would love to hear your thoughts. As I understand it, the gas tank was swapped, it come with the stock wheels and the ones in the pic below, and it's got 147,000KM. Stock otherwise
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover Vehicle door
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

Β·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm out in Germany for a while and looking for a car to buy to bring home. Normally I'm more of a JDM guy, but I've cone across a clean E30 for sale at the price of €12,000 or about $14,000. I know I'll have to import it for about $2-3k and get it home (probably gonna road trip it). I'll be going to see it this upcoming Saturday, so I'm missing some info on it that I'll add as it's available. Personalky I would like to resell when I get it back state side and put the money towards some more stuff in the future. I would love to hear your thoughts. As I understand it, the gas tank was swapped, it come with the stock wheels and the ones in the pic below, and it's got 147,000KM. Stock otherwise View attachment 1043121 View attachment 1043122 View attachment 1043123
View attachment 1043118 View attachment 1043119 View attachment 1043120
Thanks in advance

Β·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,738 Posts
If you think you'll import it and make money on it, forget it. $14k is too much for that car even if it were in the U.S. You'll lose money on it, especially after paying the shipping.

It appears to have been painted, or the hood replaced with one that was Delphin Blue originally, then painted Bronzit Beige, but not on the underside.

Β·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you think you'll import it and make money on it, forget it. $14k is too much for that car even if it were in the U.S. You'll lose money on it, especially after paying the shipping.

It appears to have been painted, or the hood replaced with one that was Delphin Blue originally, then painted Bronzit Beige, but not on the underside.
Good catch, appreciate the input πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Any suggestion for a price? Even if I don't sell it, it looks like it would be a fun project car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts