BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I will be going to get my new ride in a bout a month, and I am not sure how to get from Salzburg to Venice. The grossclockner takes about 6 hours according to google maps, and the stelvio pass takes about 10 hours according to Gmaps. For context, we arrive in Salzburg from munich the previous day quite early, so we will have a decent amount of time there for a one night stay. Have any of you driven both of these routes? Is the stelvio worth the extra time? I looked at some of the pictures and I must say that stelvio looks more "fun":fingers: to drive. This of course assumes the passes are open, this will be around May 23rd. Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
574 Posts
We did a more scenic route from Salzburg to Venice via the Grossglockner and an overnight stop just outside Lienz so we could drive through some of the Dolomites on route to Venice the day. The Grossglockner itself was NOT a 6 hour drive but I suppose if stop often enough it could be!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Grossglockner itself was NOT a 6 hour drive but I suppose if stop often enough it could be!
I kinda figured as much since google drive times can be a bit conservative. so given that, the ride thru stelvio pass is probably not nearly 10 hrs either. thanks for the post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.