BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '05 330 (built 10/04) with the built in BT with Assist. I have been using the Motorola V600 to work with my BMW BT without any problem. I am thinking of changing to the Samsung D807 but would like to know if anyone brought one and successfully get it to work with a 10/04 version of the BT. This phone is not on the BMW approved BT phone list.

I tried everywhere on the internet and this board but cannot find any information regarding this phone and the BMW BT. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's time to upgrade my phone and I'm thinking of getting the D807. Did you end up getting one? If so, any issues w/ compatibility?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D807 works on Oct '04 Built BT (sort of)

I end up getting the Samsung D807 anyway. I am not sure it is the phone's or the car's problem:

Unable to connect automatically with the phone BT on which my old V600 does. I always have to connect manually TWICE. First connect never worked, the I press cancel then reconnect again for it connect. Once it is connected, I can receive phone call by pressing the speak button on the steering wheel.

Unlike Motorola V600 where I can set to autoanswer once BT is connected, Samsung D807 does not have separate profile. You will have to press the speak button on the steering wheel to answer call.

I don't think the phonebook is uploading to the car successfully. The phone have been uploading the phonebook for many hours now (~ 1 hr everyday) but still not finished. Doesn't bother me too much as I seldom place call from my car.

In summary, if you only want to receive call the D807 should work fine. Still beats wearing a headset.

·
Registered
321 Posts
works pretty well on 335i sedan

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about ur bluetooth problems.

You may want to try this on your phone. Go to the bluetooth menu (Menu > Settings > Bluetooth) and go to 5 Secure Mode. Set this to Off. This way the connect with happen automatically. I think the reason why you have to do it twice is because it tries to authenticate each time which to me is unnecessary. I did this and now as soon as I get in the car and switch on, in a few seconds it is connected and ready to go.

The one problem I have seen is slight delays and more worrisome - if I have 3 phone numbers for each name it picks up only the first for each name. so now i have to reorg my phone book :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.