BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my ranting...

I dropped by earlier today to see if SM BMW can reset the airbag indicator. It came on because I accidentally reconnected the battery without the airbag module. Service consultant insisted that my car has a problem somewhere, no matter how I assured him how he can reset the light with the Mo-Dic. He even said the car has to be in the shop for the rest of the day. Worst...I stood in the bloody office for 10mins before someone attended to me. :confused: Come to think of it, SM BMW probably thought my car was an Alpina, which they have no clue how to reset. :dunno:

In the end, I brought my car back to my home dealership, New Century BMW, where the technician reset the light for FREE. :thumb:

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
Vince,
I must agree. Everyone at Santa Monica BMW is lacking a brain. I walked into the dealership first thing in the morning to test drive the 330 and no one was available. I had to approach the receptionist to get someone to help me. So after 15 minutes a sales associate comes out. He gets a key and we walk to the lot and he realizes the car is blocked in by other cars. So he goes back to get another key and realizes he did the same thing over again. So after 30 minutes, I finally get to test drive the car. What and idiot. I ended up buying the car somewhere else.
I decided to give SM BMW another chance when I needed to get my alarm activated. I call the service center and everyone is out to lunch... AT 3 PM! The person I left the message with had no idea what I was talking about. He asked me why I needed them to activate the alarm. Even thought SM is only fifteen minutes away, I ended up driving to Pacific to get it activated. I don't think I trust them to even give me an oil change.
Although the service was decent at Pacific, driving to Glendale is a little far. I think I'm going to try Nick Alexander in Downtown LA the next time I need service. Have you heard anything about that service center?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reasons, dealers like SM BMW forgets about the "Internet". News and bad experiences like these spread around the web faster than they can gobble down their lunch at 3pm.

I gave them a chance this morning simply because of proximity and I was totally disappointed. I have therefore confirmed my doubts about them: There are no signs of intelligent life at SM BMW.

Haven't heard much about Nick Alex in DownTown though. I had my first oil change at 8000miles at New Century BMW. Service is as great as ever. :D

Mdk330i said:
Vince,
I must agree. Everyone at Santa Monica BMW is lacking a brain. I walked into the dealership first thing in the morning to test drive the 330 and no one was available. I had to approach the receptionist to get someone to help me. So after 15 minutes a sales associate comes out. He gets a key and we walk to the lot and he realizes the car is blocked in by other cars. So he goes back to get another key and realizes he did the same thing over again. So after 30 minutes, I finally get to test drive the car. What and idiot. I ended up buying the car somewhere else.
I decided to give SM BMW another chance when I needed to get my alarm activated. I call the service center and everyone is out to lunch... AT 3 PM! The person I left the message with had no idea what I was talking about. He asked me why I needed them to activate the alarm. Even thought SM is only fifteen minutes away, I ended up driving to Pacific to get it activated. I don't think I trust them to even give me an oil change.
Although the service was decent at Pacific, driving to Glendale is a little far. I think I'm going to try Nick Alexander in Downtown LA the next time I need service. Have you heard anything about that service center?

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
I don't think I will ever set foot at SM BMW again. And if anyone mentions that dealership I will discourage them from going there.

Did New Century give you a hard time about not resetting the OBC when you got the oil change? How much was it? I need to get one in a few months.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah...New Century never gives me any hard time for any mods I have on the car. When I went for my 8K oil change, I even requested that the technician tightened the aftermarket front sway bars. And he did it without any complaints. Yesterday was perhaps the most generous of them. My car was fitted with the M3 paddles, and I have my center console almost ripped out, showing wirings and bare metal. Still they reset the light without any queries. ;)

Oil change was abouit $65 I believe. :) No hassle. :)

Mdk330i said:
I don't think I will ever set foot at SM BMW again. And if anyone mentions that dealership I will discourage them from going there.

Did New Century give you a hard time about not resetting the OBC when you got the oil change? How much was it? I need to get one in a few months.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
How's the M3 paddle retrofit thing going? That's the one BMW made a mistake on. They should've had the steering wheel shifting like the Lexus IS and GS. I think it would make the car much more fun to drive. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.