BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Thinking about ED #5
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:supdude: enough said. Order it, it's very cool. Sorry no pics, didn't have a camera and it was a surprise to see this car.

·
Ultimative fahrmaschine
1,319 Posts
Sure seems that color would be awesome. Anxious to see pics. Am surprised no one has taken delivery on one yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
2008 535i, 6MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey, and Navy Blue Dakota leather.

Took delivery last November. Ordered it in May 2007, got one of the first 2008 models built with the 6MT.

This was the first blue leather the dealer had seen; I gather it wasn't available in the US at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

Took delivery last November. Ordered it in May 2007, got one of the first 2008 models built with the 6MT.

This was the first blue leather the dealer had seen; I gather it wasn't available in the US at the time.
Space gray is kind of green looking. You have blue leather in a green car? :dunno: I am surprised you can build that color combo. :eeps:

·
Registered
257 Posts
i love that two-tone effect on the door. looks great.

·
Thinking about ED #5
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue is priority 1. Great pics, I'll attest that that full seat pic is the proper color. Just what you'd see in person. I saw the blue with bamboo wood and I thought it looked amazing with that combo. I do think that because of all the colors that it would go best with the anthracite headliner.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

As much as I like blue, the interior is a little dark for my taste. I've done blue interior and blue paint before and wasn't gonna this time. Deep Sea Blue paint won out so interior wound up Beige.

jcl10, what is your build date? I might have you beat on the 'one of the first with 6MT'. My build date was Sept 7, 07. Delivery on Oct 13. :thumbup:

dj

·
Registered
337 Posts
Space gray is kind of green looking. You have blue leather in a green car? :dunno: I am surprised you can build that color combo. :eeps:
I hadn't thought of Space Grey as being greenish, but I suppose it could depend on the lighting. It certainly isn't a green car.

That colour combo has been a standard offering for all the 2008 535 models. Just not in the US, no idea why. Look at it on bmw.ca

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I do think that because of all the colors that it would go best with the anthracite headliner.
I have the anthracite headliner, part of the standard M Sports package.

·
Registered
337 Posts
As much as I like blue, the interior is a little dark for my taste. I've done blue interior and blue paint before and wasn't gonna this time. Deep Sea Blue paint won out so interior wound up Beige.

jcl10, what is your build date? I might have you beat on the 'one of the first with 6MT'. My build date was Sept 7, 07. Delivery on Oct 13. :thumbup:

dj
Agree, it is relatively dark, but not as much as black. I had done four black interiors, and so wanted a change. I find it too hard to keep light interiors clean. Silverstone may have won out if it had been available.

I didn't check it, but I think my build date is a week after yours. Delivery was the last week of October, and the Canadian distribution system seems at least a couple weeks slower than the US.

With your 6MT, did you get the short throw shifter in the sports package? I am not clear whether all the sports packages got it, or not.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Agree, it is relatively dark, but not as much as black. I had done four black interiors, and so wanted a change. I find it too hard to keep light interiors clean. Silverstone may have won out if it had been available.

I didn't check it, but I think my build date is a week after yours. Delivery was the last week of October, and the Canadian distribution system seems at least a couple weeks slower than the US.

With your 6MT, did you get the short throw shifter in the sports package? I am not clear whether all the sports packages got it, or not.
I believe the short throw was only in the 550 sport package. :)

dj

·
Registered
337 Posts
I believe the short throw was only in the 550 sport package. :)

dj
I knew it was in the 550 sport package, but it was a comment from my dealer when I picked it up that my car had it too, with the same shifter as the 550 sport. They assumed it came with the M-Sport package, as there are other components in that package beyond those listed on the web site (special foot rest, M door sills, etc).

Not sure, since I haven't driven two (M-Sport and standard) back to back.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
did someone say dark blue :angel:

·
Here for life!!!
567 Posts
Looks real sharp. Not my taste, but I can see where those who like it are comming from.

I think for me, I flash to my Granddad's '69 Delta 88, and my Aunts '70 Caddie, both of which had blue vinyl interiors.

·
Another day in Paradise
714 Posts
Looks great. Wouldn't mind it one bit! Congrats!

I love the M-Sport version too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do you think the blue interior would look with a Monaco Blue exterior?

I'm going to get either Monaco Blue or Sapphire black.. but I still can;t decide on the interior color

·
Thinking about ED #5
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it would look good with either. The blue on the seats is lighter than the Monaco color fyi.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts