BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 08 BMW 528i and I want to activate my sirus SAT radio but I need the radio code I guess. How do I find the code?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just purchased a 08 BMW 528i and I want to activate my sirus SAT radio but I need the radio code I guess. How do I find the code?
Tune to Channel 1.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You need the ESN number, which you should see when you open the SAT option, then call siriusxm and set up the activation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
2008 528's were pre wired for sat. Hopefully your car has the sat receiver installed. I have a 2008 and supposedly it is an expensive add on even though it is pre wired.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I could listen to Sirius until last week. It is indicated on the screen for me to call Sirius. How much is for the subscription fee?

·
Registered
66 Posts
SAT costs about $500 to install in a pre wired car. I had mine installed for "free" as part of my negotiations when I bought the car. SIRI/XM charges about $15/month and you get 3 months for free...BUT this is just like buying a car and is heavily negotiable with the salesman. I paid as low as $60/year in the past..

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
SAT costs about $500 to install in a pre wired car. I had mine installed for "free" as part of my negotiations when I bought the car. SIRI/XM charges about $15/month and you get 3 months for free...BUT this is just like buying a car and is heavily negotiable with the salesman. I paid as low as $60/year in the past..
At least the cost has come down...when I checked last it was $500 alone for the SAT tuner plus abut $500 for installation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Sirus SAT already on my factory radio. I can use the mouse as I like to call it to scroll to SAT and click on. It says accuiring signal but no ESN number is given on the display? Should I just go to the dealer to let a professional look at it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
it appears at the least that Mossimo30 cannot access Channel 1 due to not being able to acquire a satellite. my question...is channel 1 the "first" channel when sirius is activated, or is it 001? will look at mine tonight, since i have a suspicion that my service may end 12/31/11.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts