BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a wired in version of satellite radio in my 2003 745Li, but there doesn't seem to be an adaptive connector/modifier on the market to create the needed aux. input jack port. I've heard that there is an adapter available, but I haven't been able to trace it down through BMW dealers or custom radio shops here in Vancouver....but I expect that there may be innovative solutions out there & I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who knows about what's available & what works (& where to get it).
Many thanks

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Dealer had told me about 1200 installed on my 04.

·
Registered
55 Posts
....only 2005 Series 7 models & on supported.
2002+ model years are supported, pre 03/2005 just won't have mp3 text display on the i-drive headunit. the device mimics your 6 cd changer which it replaces. DISC 1-5 are your ipod playlists while DISC 6 is the aux input. 03/2005+ supports text display. search the thread on the topic as this has been discussed extensively. take my word for it...the device works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, not really (as I don't want to lose my 6 CD changer access). I was told by the radio shop that they couldn't install a wired in version of satellite radio into my 2003 745Li as it didn't have an aux. input jack (port) available....and they couldn't find a conversion kit to install one that would work on my year & model (& two BMW dealers here in Vancouver told me the same). So that's when I started casting about on the internet to see if I could find one. I'd be quite happy to use the satellite radio solely from the the unit supplied by Sirius....and not being able to access it from iDrive is not a problem.
Again, thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unforetunately, pre 2004 models that didn't come with the SAT pre-wire are not candidates for sat radio without an external and aftermarktet solution. to my knowledge the method mentioned above aside from FM modulation/transmitters are the only solutions to getting "aux-in". The former drawback is losing the 6-cd changer but still retaining the single CD changer, while the latter is sound quality limitation of the FM radio spectrum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts