BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Since purchasing/leasing your F10 are you:

• Having serious service issues (car is more trouble than it's worth)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Service issues (Tire bubbles, etc.) Could be Happier

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Minor issues (Trouble with your MP3's, etc.) Satisfied

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Minor issues but LOVING the car

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No issues to speak of, Loving the car

Votes: 41 55.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a relatively new member of this forum and a 1st time BMW owner (my F10 is on a ship on it's way to me) I thought it would be interesting to ask all of you about your overall satisfaction with the F10.

In my previous experience with forums like these I have found that a large percentage of people come to either complain or ask about a problem(s) they are having with their new car. because of that, the picture painted isn't a pretty one. I believe that this is mainly because people aren't driven to post when things are 'fine' so that we get a skewed sampling of opinions/comments. I mean, nobody is going to start a thread titled "My tires are fine" , lol.

SO, I thought it would be interesting if we could get some decent participation in a poll that asks about your overall satisfaction with the car. Thanks in advance for reading this and participating.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
My car is on a ship too right now, but I do have quite a few high speed miles on the car and it handles a continous 140 mph with ease. It handles well enough for a car its size in the twistys too. My only complaint is that is came with runflats.

·
Munich Ex
67 Posts
My 550i docked in NJ today. I have no BMW history but did live in Munich 2008/9 and can safely say that BMW is considered a highly reliable sport car and with the F10 I now believe that luxury fits as well.

I did not consider anything but a coupe before seeing the F10. Great car, quality and fit for me is perfect. I'll be consulting this board with questions in the future and, as you said, probably for things I think may be wrong. Hope that count is zero :bigpimp:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great car. No complaints other than the tsk sound that lasts a second with low speed right turns.

·
Familienwappen
918 Posts
Great car. No complaints other than the tsk sound that lasts a second with low speed right turns.
Apologize for the slight deviation here. There have been many write ups about the steering noises but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned as a "tsk". Could it be since there have been many unsuccessful attempts to get a fix and none seem to readily worked, that we actually have a proper description of the sound and that it is the car telling the driver "tsk" you could've taken that turn faster?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't like the car's transmission. I think BMW has succumbed to the masses and have deviated from their ultimate driving machine phlosophy

·
Registered
882 Posts
Except for the tire bubbles I'd say "No issues to speak of, Loving the car". I ticked off the service issues choice. If the tire issues continue with the replacements that I am expecting, I will be a very unhappy owner.

·
Happy F10 driver
133 Posts
The results so far are what I expected, and don't reflect the feel of looking down a forum's threads. That's to say it's usually problems people post about and those who are happy stay quietly so. So the vast majority are totally happy or only have a little niggle or two.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have only had the steering grinding issue which is gonna be worked on when I have the time. But other than that I'm LOVING the car.

·
Qualityhound
495 Posts
My car has been 100 percent defect-free. My only complaints relate to the RFT/lack of spare issue many are agonizing over and the design deficiencies of the night vision system.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My car has had no problems whatsoever but it only has 4,500 miles. There are many things that annoy me about it but that is all they are just annoyances. Will I buy another one? Perhaps. This is my first BMW.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pretty good response and participation in this poll, thanks!

I think the poll results are very interesting and inline with what I hoped to see.

Having serious service issues (car is more trouble than it's worth) (5 ) 7.94%
Service issues (Tire bubbles, etc.) Could be Happier (3 ) 4.76%
Minor issues (Trouble with your MP3's, etc.) Satisfied ( 3 ) 4.76%
Minor issues but LOVING the car (17) 26.98%
No issues to speak of, Loving the car (35) 55.56%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts