Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me how to save the setting for the start/stop button? Is it even possible to do this for 2019 X3 M40i? For whatever reason it won***8217;t save and I have to keep pressing it whenever I start up the car. I never had this issue with my 2015 4 series, once I turned it off, I never had to do anything with it. I just don***8217;t like the engine to turn off every time I***8217;m at a full stop.

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,691 Posts
Apparently it’s no longer tune off able. At least so I’ve heard.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Can anyone please tell me how to save the setting for the start/stop button? Is it even possible to do this for 2019 X3 M40i? For whatever reason it won't save and I have to keep pressing it whenever I start up the car. I never had this issue with my 2015 4 series, once I turned it off, I never had to do anything with it. I just don't like the engine to turn off every time I'm at a full stop.
It can be coded to remember the last setting. But a dealer won't do it. Bimmercode works great and you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
If a car manufacturer uses a fuel-saving feature in their EPA fuel economy and emission testing, that setting has to be the default when the car starts up. So, no more memory of the ASS setting. This is also why the car will not remember and start in Sport or Sport+ modes. It will remember EcoPro though, since it's "better" than Comfort as far as fuel saving and emissions go.

My 2014 F10 remembers I like my ASS turned off. But, Frau Putzer's G01 X3 30i doesn't. So, I always forget to turn it off. When the X3 turns off at a stoplight, Frau Putzer says "What the Hell is wrong with you?" That's one of her favorite sentences, and I will have it engraved on the urn holding her ashes if she croaks before I do.

·
Stuart in Houston
649 Posts
Frau Putzer says "What the Hell is wrong with you?" That's one of her favorite sentences, and I will have it engraved on the urn holding her ashes if she croaks before I do.
And should you cross the finish line first, she'll have it engraved on yours! :angel:

·
Registered
687 Posts
If a car manufacturer uses a fuel-saving feature in their EPA fuel economy and emission testing, that setting has to be the default when the car starts up. So, no more memory of the ASS setting. This is also why the car will not remember and start in Sport or Sport+ modes. It will remember EcoPro though, since it's "better" than Comfort as far as fuel saving and emissions go.

My 2014 F10 remembers I like my ASS turned off. But, Frau Putzer's G01 X3 30i doesn't. So, I always forget to turn it off. When the X3 turns off at a stoplight, Frau Putzer says "What the Hell is wrong with you?" That's one of her favorite sentences, and I will have it engraved on the urn holding her ashes if she croaks before I do.
Funny Putz!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts