BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a new 2003 3-series sedan sitting on my dealer's lot today. The front fascia resembled the one on the '02 330ci, but the airdam was about half as wide and not as tall, and the tiny foglights were still in place. Was there any official word on a sedan facelift for '03, or is this part of some package?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
It sounds like the same old late 00/01/02 330i SP fascia. :dunno:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaz said:
Hmm. Guess I never saw a SP sedan. My bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can tell you exactly what that is. It probably was a 03 330xi with the an SP. The SP for 2003 includes an aero kit for the 330xi only. The difference from what I know is that the mesh is a little like the ci's and the foglights are a more sportier light with a cap on it. The side skirts are different and there is a rear skirt. I am getting a 330xi in 2 weeks and that's why I know what that kit is. I will upload pics as soon as I get it.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Kaz said:
My car doesn't have the micro-fogs... that's the non-SP.

Here's the SP:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
keval11 said:
I can tell you exactly what that is. It probably was a 03 330xi with the an SP. The SP for 2003 includes an aero kit for the 330xi only. The difference from what I know is that the mesh is a little like the ci's and the foglights are a more sportier light with a cap on it. The side skirts are different and there is a rear skirt. I am getting a 330xi in 2 weeks and that's why I know what that kit is. I will upload pics as soon as I get it.
That sounds plausible; now I seem to remember seeing an "xi" on the window sticker. So I'm not crazy, it's something new for '03. My neighbor has an '02 330xi and it doesn't look like this one.

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Grille change?

Plaz said:

Here's the SP:

Maybe the '03 330xi SP I'll be picking up next month will have a different front grille????? This is news.

Hmmm.... Any pictures, anyone?

(And isn't that the Botanical Gardens in the picture?)

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Re: Grille change?

machmeter said:

Maybe the '03 330xi SP I'll be picking up next month will have a different front grille????? This is news.

(And isn't that the Botanical Gardens in the picture?)
Dunno... mine's just a 330i, BTW. Not Botanical Gardens... just a little scenic viewing area off Mulholland Drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Machmeter.... according to what I know and it is confirmed that the 330xi should have that kind of grill. I went ot the dealer to see one the other day to check on my car's final prep. My car p/u date is November 5th. They had a black 03 330xi there and my salesperson showed me what mine will look like when it comes in. However mine is silver. But I got the general idea. The grill and lights look almost identical to the picture above.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Grille change?

machmeter said:

Hmmm.... Any pictures, anyone?
I'll try to take a pic tomorrow morning, but the photo posted above definitely shows a different front fascia.

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
keval11 said:
My car p/u date is November 5th.
Mine is late November, if I'm lucky. Isn't waiting a drag!?

I thought the 330xiSP grille was going to be identical to the picture above, but it sounds like it might be a little different. Guess we all just have to wait and see :confused:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
machmeter said:

Mine is late November, if I'm lucky. Isn't waiting a drag!?

I thought the 330xiSP grille was going to be identical to the picture above, but it sounds like it might be a little different. Guess we all just have to wait and see :confused:
It's a bit different. I took a photo of it this morning, but my USB cable is at home so I can't post it right now.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
My 2003 with SP looks just like the one Plaz posted above.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CD-55 said:
My 2003 with SP looks just like the one Plaz posted above.
Yours isn't an xi

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As promised, here's a pic of the new front fascia I saw:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Woah! My apologies for the really weird cropping job. Guess my "photo editing" software is a real piece.

·
Registered
783 Posts
My 2003 looks exactly like this 2002 Photo

Could the photo above be the non-sport / premium package?

330i with Sports Package

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts