BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine . Almost 6 years to the day I picked up my E46 Sport, I took home my E90. So Id like to make a quick comparison. Equipment wise:

E46
hubcaps standard (alloy wheels in packages)
cassette standard (cd extra)
no fog lights (package)
no cruise(again package)
no moonroof( separate or package)
3/36 scheduled maintence
multi function wheel (package)
OBC (extra)
front door airbags
wood trim (extra)
armrest (prem package)

E90
Standard alloys ( no big gaps in fenders as reported)
DSC,DBC,brake drying,and dynamic traction control standard.
3 spoke mutifunction wheel standard
215hp standard
front SEAT airbags
OBC standard
Dual auto climate control standard
ground lighting door handels (Cool)
Wood trim standard
Front and Rear seat head protection
Armrest standard
Rain sensing wipers standard
Rear seats A/C (finally no complaining passengers)
4/50k Full maintence included

Really, I could go on and on but just wanted to relate the incrediable Value in the E90 even in standard form.

As for the drive ? Awsome. Think of getting a E46 330i for 325i money. I am Very happy that I did not (settle) for what ever 330i was left. A few minor things. The vinal sunvisors still have the annoying bag information painted on Grr and 325i has no chrome exhaust tips another small anoyance. As for the size , Honestly I drove a 528i for a month once while waiting on a part, and I don't think theres any comparison in rear sear room regardless of what the number say. If the E46 was too small for you, better think 5 series....

Took several pics, however I still have no clue how to post them.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
SilverTE90 said:
Mine . Almost 6 years to the day I picked up my E46 Sport, I took home my E90. So Id like to make a quick comparison. Equipment wise:

E46
hubcaps standard (alloy wheels in packages)
cassette standard (cd extra)
no fog lights (package)
no cruise(again package)
no moonroof( separate or package)
3/36 scheduled maintence
multi function wheel (package)
OBC (extra)
front door airbags
wood trim (extra)
armrest (prem package)

E90
Standard alloys ( no big gaps in fenders as reported)
DSC,DBC,brake drying,and dynamic traction control standard.
3 spoke mutifunction wheel standard
215hp standard
front SEAT airbags
OBC standard
Dual auto climate control standard
ground lighting door handels (Cool)
Wood trim standard
Front and Rear seat head protection
Armrest standard
Rain sensing wipers standard
Rear seats A/C (finally no complaining passengers)
4/50k Full maintence included

Really, I could go on and on but just wanted to relate the incrediable Value in the E90 even in standard form.

As for the drive ? Awsome. Think of getting a E46 330i for 325i money. I am Very happy that I did not (settle) for what ever 330i was left. A few minor things. The vinal sunvisors still have the annoying bag information painted on Grr and 325i has no chrome exhaust tips another small anoyance. As for the size , Honestly I drove a 528i for a month once while waiting on a part, and I don't think theres any comparison in rear sear room regardless of what the number say. If the E46 was too small for you, better think 5 series....

Took several pics, however I still have no clue how to post them.
No better leg room in the backseats, SilverT?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I could tell. One thing i did notice was if the front seat is up close to the dash the metal seat tracks stick out and look rather sharp to me. I wouldn't let kids go barefoot....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congrats! Did you deal with Classic or John Roberts?

You forgot one: Moonroof - standard. :mad: :bawling:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

Classic. They are building a new facility at the Tollway/Springcreek in Plano right down the street from me. "autonation" BMW was horrible to try and deal with. ideally I would have went ED , but just couldn't fit our schedual this year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Classic BMW... Ah, the site of my first test drive. I happened to be in the area when the dealers were getting the demos in stock, so I stopped by to take the 330 manual out on Central Expressway during rush hour... Fun stuff. The salesman noted my Florida license pretty quickly, but otherwise, didn't seem to mind too much. :)

Another week until the VPC!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ah, but with Central Expressway, you get those nice side roads to pull onto, and those cool u-turn lanes, too. Luckily, my normal commute takes me OVER I-4, not on it.

I think I'm going to miss Comfort Access in addition to the whole Lemon Dakota thing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im still getting the hang of push the brake and then push the start button. If I didn't drive a work car that was so different it prolly wouldn't be too bad. Taking some getting used too.

I allmost switched cars for a Artic/Grey leather Sport. In the end went back to the Silver/Black/Walnut I ordered.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I deal with Classic as well. I heard about their new facility - that's going to be nice. The new location will be a little more convenient for me as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the low pressure sales approach. The finance manager offered me a wheel/tire protection thingy for the runflats $799.00 I said no and that was that.My SA even mentioned for a while they had a sales manager that came from Acura and was a hard sale. He's moved on to "autonation" No supprise. They also offer the valet service now on the BMW loaners. But the new facility should be done by the time my 1st service is due. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts