BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the dealer to get the new M5 and M6 catalogs to add to my collection. As I entered the showroom, two E90s were sitting there under the cover (official launch on March, 5th)

After picking up the catalogs, I headed to my car, jumped in and I was about to leave the parking lot, I saw a silver car just in front of the service bay. I immediately recognized the taillights.

I pulled quickly the camera and took a few photos. I was in a hurry, so no interior photos.

I must admit that the car is looking very good in person. It has a much more dynamic appearence compared to the E46. You can't see that in the picture, but there was a silver E46 next to it. It looked really outdated.

That said, among all the designs we have seen from Designworks, the E90 has the best looking profile.

Attachments

· Registered
964 Posts
It's growing on me. At first I thought it looked like a Lexus but now I like it.

· Registered
10,766 Posts
Hmm. I actually like it in silver. :eek: Now, I just need to get over the interior.

But, I have a feeling that I'm going to like the next Lexus IS (atleast in terms of overall exterior/interior) more than the e90 anyway.

· Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the pictures Alex… :)

I am working at a client located in Park Ridge, NJ. The BMW NA center is two buildings over from my client's. I saw two E90's out on the road several times yesterday, one in Silver and the other in Artic. They were being test driven by different BMW employees, so it passed my office window several times throughout the day. I must say also, that the car really does look good! :thumbup:

One thing though, I really didn't like the Artic color in person, it is much darker than it looks in the pictures. It just wasn't an attractive color on the car at all to me. :thumbdwn:

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't tell anything about the options, since all the options here are a la carte. No mention of packages in Germany at the moment.

· Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
I can't tell anything about the options, since all the options here are a la carte. No mention of packages in Germany at the moment.
Hey Baumann!! time to get rid of that POS Barney aye!!?? :p

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
beewang said:
Hey Baumann!! time to get rid of that POS Barney aye!!?? :p
Waiting for the E90 B3 Coupe :str8pimpi

Rumor has it that it will have a turbocharged Inline-6 with 390 hp :eeps:

· Registered
26 Posts
Alex is right, the car looks much better in person than the photos convey. I saw around 20 or so cars yesterday and posted my comments on the terra leather thread. Lighter colours really suit the car and make it look bigger, wider and more aggressive from the front with the black grilles giving a really imposing "face" to the car. It does make the E46 look instantly dated but when you see it, you instantly recognise it as a 3 series and nothing else. This car does not look like a Toyota or other Japanase or Korean car as some people have complained. I think a lot of people are going to change their minds about the interior as well once they have had a chance to see it in person. I owned an E46 coupe a few years back which I thought had a great interior. The terra and lemon interiors I saw yesterday were far nicer than that car though. Reserve judgement until you have seen it.

· Not Wearing Pants
18,858 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
I stopped by the dealer to get the new M5 and M6 catalogs to add to my collection. As I entered the showroom, two E90s were sitting there under the cover (official launch on March, 5th)

After picking up the catalogs, I headed to my car, jumped in and I was about to leave the parking lot, I saw a silver car just in front of the service bay. I immediately recognized the taillights.

I pulled quickly the camera and took a few photos. I was in a hurry, so no interior photos.

I must admit that the car is looking very good in person. It has a much more dynamic appearence compared to the E46. You can't see that in the picture, but there was a silver E46 next to it. It looked really outdated.

That said, among all the designs we have seen from Designworks, the E90 has the best looking profile.
Nice. Your photos make the car look WAY better than anything I've seen in a mag or online.

· Nerd
1,508 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
Nice. Your photos make the car look WAY better than anything I've seen in a mag or online.
:stupid:

Those are the best looking e90 pics I have seen. The others may be more professional, but I actually like the car in these pictures. Especially the first picture. I think you found the best angle the car has to offer.

Danke sehr, Alex.

· Registered
7,065 Posts
Thanks for the pix. Other than PDC, looks like my color combo. I should have my own side by side comparison pix of E46 silver vs E90 silver in 2 mos or so. :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.