Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with the engineers at Scanguage to get the scanguage to read the Tranny temperature in Xdrive 28i,

I can report that they figure it out and i can now have live data of the transmission fluid temp . this is crucial for tranny service filling it.

this also help with anyone that tows with the X1. keeping temp in check prolong the tranny life.

this is the only aftermarket unit for $140 bucks that can read the temp in real time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Great! I asked them for several things, and nothing worked 4 years ago.

They even sent me one they programmed, and it didn't work.

I'd already bought 3 Scanguages for various cars.

Would you mind telling us the X-codes to Transmission temp to program mine already in car?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Xgauge code is the one avail on the website for the E-series.

but your gauge would need a firmware update that is make specific for Mini/bmw.

email them and request to speak the James Delong, he is the one the figure it out for the X1.

we are now working on actual gear display and oil temperature.

they send over a OBD reader to read code of the vehicle.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ok, thanks.

Oh, and what temps do you see under certain conditions?

On My RX8 Mazda 6 speed auto I found x-code from Mazda 6, and it showed up to 244 deg f on a track day.

I already had put a 14k btu tube and fin cooler on it, and 249 deg f is said to put in limp mode.

I switched that cooler to 18,800 tube and fin and plumbed it where ATF goes into top and out bottom this time which might be best way.

Anyway, I get 14 deg f differential from in and out.

It even cools the engine some as I can drive 100 mph on 100 deg f day with engine engine coolant 193 deg f and ATF 193 deg f.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the only xgauge i am currently reading is tranny temp

in California stop and go traffic i see the temp climb to about 220-230, but during normal driving i have seen 180 - i am also due for a tranny fluid change- i am hoping that would drop the temp a bit.

which is what ZF said it would be - max is 266 before it goes i guess would be limb mode

i have more testing to do. havent had the time for longer drives

·
Registered
535 Posts
Maybe we should put a cooler in the line to keep it under 220 deg.

180 is a good lower temp.

I don't think fluid change will lower temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts