BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone -

My car comes in on the Emden on the 8th. I was wondering how the PDC delivery calendar looks with any open spots on the schedule between now and August 1st? I hope to take delivery before 7/4, but I'm hearing from other people that they are booked solid.

The PDC staff doesn't like it when I call them as a customer for the schedule, so I thought I would try here...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Won't your sales person contact them for you? Mine has been working that for me.

·
BMW Addict
122 Posts
the letter I got from the PDC was "the only date available for you is 6/26, if that doesn't work, please have the car delivered to your local dealer". Now, that doesn't really say when the next one afterwards would be, but at least june and early july seem booked. (also they shut down for a week in July, I believe)

·
Here for life!!!
567 Posts
the letter I got from the PDC was "the only date available for you is 6/26, if that doesn't work, please have the car delivered to your local dealer". Now, that doesn't really say when the next one afterwards would be, but at least june and early july seem booked. (also they shut down for a week in July, I believe)
Pretty much same for me, but my date is July 14. They seem like they are booked solid through June/July. Maybe has something to do with April closing, or maybe because it's summer. Could be because PCD is extremely popular (I think it's mostly this one:)).

satellite said:
The PDC staff doesn't like it when I call them as a customer for the schedule, so I thought I would try here...
Work with your CA to get scheduled. I believe he/she can do it online now, so no more faxing ressies is necessary. Your CA, if aware you wanted PCD, should have gotten you a date once your car was assigned a boat at the POE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car got the "boat assignment" on monday, but since it's Memorial Day ... I found out on Tuesday. According to my CA, he's been calling the PDC staff to get the date, but for some reason according to the CA they haven't called back.

If the process is really done online, I'll ask him to check into that on Friday.

My CA hasn't setup a PDC delivery in a while, so I'm just double checking everything he does and says so that I don't get screwed with a mid-august delivery (I've corrected him a few times on the process and that's why I've called the PDC a few times). I'm also just getting antcy for the date because I know how popular this gets during the summer, the car is suppose to arrive in the US around the 8th, and I don't to wait until August for the delivery when it sits in the US for 2 months.

Louv: When you mentioned about delivering the car back to the dealer, who would exactly pay for that? Just curious

Thanks!!

·
BMW Addict
122 Posts
... According to my CA, he's been calling the PDC staff to get the date, but for some reason according to the CA they haven't called back.
I heard, through my sales guy, that the PDC is currently shorthanded, and they are a little behind schedule in setting up dates.

The PDC has had a busy spring, and had been swamped with requests for PDC pickups, intro events for the X6, the 1-series, and the new M3.

Louv: When you mentioned about delivering the car back to the dealer, who would exactly pay for that? Just curious
The normal $795(?) delivery fee would pay for that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got off the phone from my CA. June and July are completely booked. May ED's all are requesting PCD. Only 6 can go through per day. The CA requests a slot and the PC sends back one date. If that doesn't work for you, I guess it's tough luck. I have one day in late July that would dovetail nicely with a horse show in Asheville, but it deosn't look that way. I still may be able to pick it up in SC on the day I have, just no PC experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whew! i just got the call today from my CA and i'm in for a july PCD date!!! :thumbup:

just one more question, to anyone that knows ... i'll be flying into GSP, how are the hotel reservations made? does BMW automatically make them? or do I have to make them and tell them to bill BMWNA?

·
335... is alive!
196 Posts
Once you are locked in for a date, the PCD folks will send an email to your CA or you (or both) with information on the program, how they handle airport pick-up and hotel stuff, etc.

You'll fill out a form and send it back to them with info on your hotel stay (double beds v king bed), arrival (at GSP or another way, time of arrival), etc. They'll set up the hotel arrangements and whatnot. The information is pretty thorough.

Congrats on making it into the mix. What's your pick-up date? I'm there on July 10.

Also, take a look at the airfares into GSP and other nearby airports. Charlotte (CLT) is only 100 miles away, but a one-way ticket from Washington (DCA/BWI/IAD) is about 120$ to CLT and 500$ to GSP. I'll likely fly to CLT and then rent a car, and save about 280$. I'd imagine from PA there might be a similar price difference.

·
Here for life!!!
567 Posts
Also, take a look at the airfares into GSP and other nearby airports. Charlotte (CLT) is only 100 miles away, but a one-way ticket from Washington (DCA/BWI/IAD) is about 120$ to CLT and 500$ to GSP. I'll likely fly to CLT and then rent a car, and save about 280$. I'd imagine from PA there might be a similar price difference.
Oh Mike, I hear you. I was looking up airfare from RDU to GSP, and anything less than 2 stops and 8-9 hours for a 250 mile trip was at least $500:(. No southwest airlines!! A one way car rental is a little over a $100, so guess which I'll be doing??? It should be totally worth it, though.
satellite said:
The car got the "boat assignment" on monday, but since it's Memorial Day ... I found out on Tuesday. According to my CA, he's been calling the PDC staff to get the date, but for some reason according to the CA they haven't called back.
Well no, the Emden left port, according to the K-line schedule on Sunday, so you probably were assigned the Emden sometime late last week. Also just to add to what Lou said, if the car hasn't been delivered to the PC yet, then it will just be rerouted at no additional cost. If has already been delivered to the PC, then the cost of redelivery to your dealer is at your cost. However, since you got your date, I guess it doesn't apply to you anymore.:thumbup: When are you going to be there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The price of airfare is :mad:. I'm going to be flying out of Philly and the best flight i can get is Continental at $250 and connects in Cleveland. The flight use to be $140 a month ago. I've looked at them all, there are 3 major airports around me, Allentown, Philadephia, and Harrisburg. If you fly from any one of them to GSP it's $250.

I've looked at it all, fly out of PHL, Allentown, Harrisburg ... and into either Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, Asheville, and Greenville ... and by far PHL to ATL is the cheapest.

If I was going by myself, I would just fly ... since it's just about the same price to fly somewhere else and drive. But since I'm going with my Father, it's actually cheaper for both of us to fly into Atlanta, rent a car, drive it up to GSP, drop it off there, and have the Marriott pick us up. It's $200 for the flights, $99 for the car, $35 for gas. $325 for driving, $500 into GSP ... plus you get to see some of the GA/SC scenery. There is always the option from coming from the northeast instead (Charlotte) for an extra $20 per person.

btw, PDC date is scheduled for 7/3/2007. Only 33 days until I get my car!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry guys / gals for not being able to respond earlier. We are shorthanded at the moment and have reservations flying in with nowhere to put them. Needless to say I've not had much free time to visit Bimmerfest over the last week +.

We are booked up through the end of July and have 100+ reservation that have been sent in over the last 10 days. Being closed for most of April and having the X6, M3, and 1 series release at the same time had led to the demand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
OMG. August. You'll have my car from June to August. That's a long wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone taking the Monday 16 Jun PDC, and wants to fly into Charlotte?

My 335i is scheduled for PDC on Mon 16 Jun.

I live in Charlotte and had planned on taking Amtrak the Sat night before over to Spartanburg, sightsee Sun, and stay at the hotel Sun night before doing the PDC on Mon 16th.

But if anyone wants to split the cost of a 1-way rental, I could pick them up at the airport and it's a very easy 80 mile drive (1-1/2 hrs) over to PDC.

If anyone thinks they can save bunch of money, I'll be glad to look into it and get costs for the car and gas.

·
Searching for twisties...
151 Posts
Where are these cars kept?

OMG. August. You'll have my car from June to August. That's a long wait.
Q for PCD staff: where are these cars kept for a month-long wait? What type of facility (enclosed, I hope?)?

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
They use them to train body shop technicians.

Don't worry, your car will be good as new by delivery.

Attachments

·
Here for life!!!
567 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Q for PCD staff: where are these cars kept for a month-long wait? What type of facility (enclosed, I hope?)?
Actually the vehicles stay at the VPC until roughly 8-10 days prior to delivery.

That brings up another point. The VPC will only hold the vehicle for so long. Typically the most I've seen them do is 4 weeks (which we have to get approval from). If we don't have any delivery dates available within 4 weeks of the vehicle arriving at the VPC, then unfortunately you will not be able to take PCD.

For this reason, it is really important that you have your CA send in a reservation ASAP, as spots are reserved on a first come first serve basis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts