Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting this thread to thank all for answering various questions about the F10 as I searched for what I was after. I'm a happy e60 owner who's been hanging out here for months trying to learn enough to know what I want in an F10... I found a bit of a unicorn and bought it yesterday! A 2016 535 with only 10,950 miles on it... It was registered to the dealership as a corporate fleet car for the owner's wife to drive occasionally. Stories of "little old ladies keeping their car in the garage" are apparently true now and again! LOL The real cool part is that I become the first end-user owner so all the maintenance program refreshes to me at no additional cost, so for at least one more year I get oil and brakes if/as needed...

This car's got every luxury & tech package available that I know of at least... Multi-contour seats with the heat and ventilation on them. ACC + Stop-n-Go version of the Driving Assistance Plus, Adaptive lighting, Comfort Access, Parking Assist, etc. What I especially love is that it's the "Luxury Line" but they ordered it with the MSport steering wheel which i personally love!

Hope I don't appear to be bragging or anything. Just excited and have to share that with folks that give a damn. The wife's comment? "It looks nice, but whatever." :rofl:

One question for you all - the comprehensive BMW warranty on it is good for 5 years/Unlimited miles (car is 3 years to the day almost from In Service date at very end of 2015). I was offered - and apparently have through Monday as it's a year end pricing supposedly, to extend that to 7 years/100k miles. The mileage cap is different, but the math would mean I'd have to drive it 22,500 per year before the warranty dies. I drive a lot, but not that much actually.

I know everyone talks about Route 66 and other 3rd party ones, but any thoughts on extending through BMW at a cost of $3,100? Seems like a lot to me, but so is replacing the camera systems or something crazy that could go in year 6 or something I guess. Warranties are a personal comfort question of course, but curious if anyone has studied the math better than i have. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow the car is mint ! and I find it interesting that it has the Msport steering wheel without the Msport exterior :D I may be wrong but I assumed you would only the get the steering wheel upgrade with the Msport package, congrats :thumbup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulation! I have 2016 535i myself. Mine was original MSRP $68000. With low mileage like yours, it is actually no different from new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow the car is mint ! and I find it interesting that it has the Msport steering wheel without the Msport exterior :D I may be wrong but I assumed you would only the get the steering wheel upgrade with the Msport package, congrats :thumbup:
I noticed that as well! Either way its a bonus with the far regardless

·
Registered
109 Posts
Initially my wife wasn’t overly excited about our 2015 535i. She has been driving large SUV’s for about 15 years. I kind of had to force the car on her. She’s been driving it for over three months now and she loves it. I turned her into a BMW loving, accelerating driver. :thumbup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
whdigital
Keep us posted with your experience with your new baby. I don't know what you paid but I am certain you made out with unbelievable deal!

·
Registered
667 Posts
One question for you all - the comprehensive BMW warranty on it is good for 5 years/Unlimited miles (car is 3 years to the day almost from In Service date at very end of 2015). I was offered - and apparently have through Monday as it's a year end pricing supposedly, to extend that to 7 years/100k miles. The mileage cap is different, but the math would mean I'd have to drive it 22,500 per year before the warranty dies. I drive a lot, but not that much actually.

I know everyone talks about Route 66 and other 3rd party ones, but any thoughts on extending through BMW at a cost of $3,100? Seems like a lot to me, but so is replacing the camera systems or something crazy that could go in year 6 or something I guess. Warranties are a personal comfort question of course, but curious if anyone has studied the math better than i have. :)
If it were my F10, I would spent the $3100 for BMW's PLATINUM EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT-- if that is what the dealer offered you. There are some advantages to the BMW plan-- though the cost is not one of the advantages.

When I spoke to my dealer about a plan for my 2014 (<20K miles on it)-- they wanted over $4K.

https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bmwusa/financial-services/protection-products/BMW_Extended_Service_Contract_Brochure.pdf

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it were my F10, I would spent the $3100 for BMW's PLATINUM EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT-- if that is what the dealer offered you. There are some advantages to the BMW plan-- though the cost is not one of the advantages.

When I spoke to my dealer about a plan for my 2014 (<20K miles on it)-- they wanted over $4K.

https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bmwusa/financial-services/protection-products/BMW_Extended_Service_Contract_Brochure.pdf
Rick-F - Yes, it is the BMW Platinum with some kind of year-end pricing of $3,159 good through today if I call in. Seemed counter-intuitive at first given the mileage cap, but as I do the math on it I'm inclined to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
This car's got every luxury & tech package available that I know of at least... Multi-contour seats with the heat and ventilation on them. ACC + Stop-n-Go version of the Driving Assistance Plus, Adaptive lighting, Comfort Access, Parking Assist, etc. What I especially love is that it's the "Luxury Line" but they ordered it with the MSport steering wheel which i personally love!
Congrats on the find, now here is my issue, we peeon's can not order a BMNW with the M Sport wheel, but the dealership owner can for his wife, I call BS... So it can be done !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Extended Warranty

When I bought my 2015 535d CPO the dealer pushed the warranty. He based it on it paying off when the car needed brakes. So it's a fairly simple matter to calculate if you'll need brakes before the extended warranty expired. In my case the car had just had brakes installed so I went with the CPO warranty and pocketed the money.

Great car. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
When I bought my 2015 535d CPO the dealer pushed the warranty. He based it on it paying off when the car needed brakes. So it's a fairly simple matter to calculate if you'll need brakes before the extended warranty expired. In my case the car had just had brakes installed so I went with the CPO warranty and pocketed the money.

Great car. Good luck.
The extended warranty doesn't cover wear items, such as brakes. The old, transferable MAINTENANCE agreement did cover brake replacement (as well as other MAINTENANCE items) when the iDrive said replacement was due.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The extended warranty doesn't cover wear items, such as brakes. The old, transferable MAINTENANCE agreement did cover brake replacement (as well as other MAINTENANCE items) when the iDrive said replacement was due.
You are quite correct Mike. Since I didn't take the coverage, I don't have the paperwork to remind me of the language :) In any event, the brakes are darned expensive so it's worth doing the math to see if it's worth it.

Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the find, now here is my issue, we peeon's can not order a BMNW with the M Sport wheel, but the dealership owner can for his wife, I call BS... So it can be done !!
I see it in the Ordering Guide, and on this unit's build sheet, as options "S710A M Leather Steering Wheel, P7S2A Luxury Line" I think 710 is a line item you can (could) order with anything... Now, it's quite clear that very few ever did as this was unique in what became a very wide search for the vehicle I wanted. If fact, I had given up on caring about Luxury vs. MSport (I like elements of both for different reasons), I just wanted some of the ACC stuff, heated seats, 19" rims, etc. Soft Close doors are way nicer than I thought they would be though! :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do have that Maintenance for 1 more year. Not sure if I'll need the brakes done or not, but the extension of that plan was $2295 past next year (and I think for just 1 more year!), which seemed high to me so I didn't do it. Apparently I still can though. I did go ahead and pull the trigger on the Platinum Warranty extension though. It's not brakes and oil, but the car books out at more than what I paid even after adding in that warranty so the math felt right to me... There is so much tech on this car I am more than a little concerned about failures that would be astronomical to repair. I have an e60 that blew the CCC iDrive once so I know where the pain points can be!

At the end of the day, some of this stuff is as much fact as it is whatever makes the individual comfortable I think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts