BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in the early stages of planning a trip to Scotland and Ireland this July. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good travel agency? Or individual recommendations?

In Scotland, we will likely be based out of Edinburgh, and making a day trip to Arbroath (on the North Sea above Dundee - Mrs. Quack's ancestral home) and a one- or two-day trip to the Highlands / Loch Ness. I'm too old to try driving on the wrong side of the road, so will need a professional driver.

In Ireland, we will be searching out some of my own roots around Galway (west coast north of Shannon). Same deal - planning on drinking Guinness and Jameson's and leaving the driving to a professional. Probably 6 of us in Scotland, four of us in Ireland, each will need his or her own bed, so a VRBO country house or the like might be a good alternative.

I usually love planning out the logistics for my own trips, but this one may benefit from the help of a professional. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
Left sided driving is not that bad in Scotland, western Ireland the roads are narrower.

My previous trip to Edinburgh, I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, as I sure the concierge could arrange for a professional driver for day trips.

Thanks for the reminder, as I still have to book my car rental for southwestern Scotland latter this spring for a golf trip. If your a golfer, can't beat the Scotish links courses, but book way in advance (6+ months).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts