BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ohhhh I knew it was a bad idea to take my bimmer to San Francisco; bad any time of the day, but especially at night. But since I was the only one with a car that can drive more than 2 people, I ended up being the designated driver. Not only could I not drink, but I also had to put my baby in harms way! :mad:

When we got to the City, I refused to park in the street. I then paid way too much to park in a cramped underground parking lot. When the guy told me to leave my keys, I told him I would rather park my own car. Nope, he says. At this point, my friends were getting impatient to start partying, and rushed me to leave the darn car! So with dread for the inevitable, I left it. The next morning, I checked over my car, and sure enough, 2 scratches and 1 slight paint chip. :bawling: The scratches are not deep (I can't really feel it) but one is definitely long, about 3 inches. Am I sounding crazy to to so concerned about a car?

Do you guys have a recommendation for a repair shop or person who could take care of the scratches and slight paint chip in the San Jose area? I have a jet black bimmer.

·
Former Bimmerphile
49 Posts
Oooo. Sorry to hear about that. I have a Jet Black as well, and my condolences on the loss of precious paint particles. Fortunetaly for you, there are many options, as well as the fact that AutoSharp has some great paint pens that are factory matched to your paint color, so that even if you can't find a great scratch and dent guy, you can still mask it up to near perfection.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your sympathy, Descali. :) I am being silly, I know. I just can't help it.

Does anyone else have some other advice on how I can get this fixed, whether it be a product or detail shop/person recommendation? Thanks.

BTW, I am not exactly handy, so I will try to avoid fixing it myself. I may make it worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts