BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just leased a new 535xi. I took possession of it at night so I did not see the superficial scratch on the nav screen until the sun came out the following day. It's in the center of the screen and in all likelihood was done by the dealer when cleaning (I understand the screen is prone to scratching ) I told the dealer about it and they will take a look at it.
My question is should I bother to have them address it? In the unlikely event they swap the screen out I'm afraid of the possibility of them doing something to the dash in disassembly. Also if they try to "clean" it I understand things could get worse. It's not a horrible scratch but I notice it because I know where it is.
Any opinions from people that had this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Enthusiast
742 Posts
Have them replace it!!!!! It is so easy to do, it takes 10 mins at best. The scratches will drive you crazy when the sun hits it. Don't wait the dealer will give you a hard time the longer you wait, this is a pricy item about $2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.