BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a bonehead move the other day and curbed my front rim while pulling into a parking spot. Really minor damage and I'm hesitant to have it repaired. I had a g35 coupe that I repaired a wheel on and regretted the decision as the repaint did not match. The bimmer wheels seem like a basic silver paint and probably much easier to match. Anyone have experience with this? I have the 328i coupe sport wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have had three wheels refinished by the dealer because they scratched them. The silver is a perfect match.

·
Cockney Curmudgeon
1,335 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise and quick reply guys, both options are reassuring that my wheel can be repaired to new condition again. The guy that does the repair himself on the tutorial does a nice job on that porsche, but you would think its easier and less of a mess to just take the wheel off the car. Anyhow I'm not against the diy, I'll see how much my dealer wants for the repair and take it from there. I'll keep you posted, thanks again.

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
I've curbed both right wheels. Screw it. I'll just curb them again when driving aggressively so I'll wait until I have to do something. No one can see it but me anyway.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The guy who does wheels for my Center is AMAZING.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've curbed both right wheels. Screw it. I'll just curb them again when driving aggressively so I'll wait until I have to do something. No one can see it but me anyway.
Curbing your wheels has nothing to do with driving agressively, it's parking by braille.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Anyhow I'm not against the diy, I'll see how much my dealer wants for the repair and take it from there.
Most places charge $75/wheel.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Most places charge $75/wheel.
No, it's significantly more expensive.

We charge between $175-225 per wheel, which is still WAY cheaper than buying a brand new wheel.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No prob !

Had mine fixed by a local. 125.00 for all 4.

It works.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
No, it's significantly more expensive.

We charge between $175-225 per wheel, which is still WAY cheaper than buying a brand new wheel.
This is the place most people I know use http://www.rimpro.com/index.html

I guess it is more expensive than that. I never paid for it, the dealer did, but I could have sworn I heard someone paid $75. I will have to check.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you're not selling the car. I would just leave it alone. I have accidentally curbed both my rear wheels. Don't ask, I feel like such a retard for not paying attention when making turns. I've learned my lesson. But I'm sure I'll be making that boneheaded mistake again. That's why I'm not going to repair my wheels. Plus, it's not that noticeable. Only when you get up close.

Just my $0.02

GL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since it really is very minor and hardly noticeable unless a couple of feet away from the car does anyone know of a generic brush on touch up paint that could be found at pep boys or any auto store. I think a read a thread a while back about a GM silver that was a good match in a touch up bottle?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
order the wurth stuff online and follow the instructions listed above - works mint matches perfect and you can't even tell for $20 if you don't mind about an hours work yourself. Rimpro is great - I have used them before, but it is about $100 + per wheel and you have to live without the wheel a few days, plus the shipping if you don't have one close.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts