BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best thing to get rid of the scuff marks I get on the inside bottom of my door? I always seem to be doing battle with there pesky little buggers.

· Registered
3,347 Posts
I have the same thing.....the black plastic on the lower part of the door where the map/CD holder is, the toe of my shoe or sneaker always seems to scuff it when I get out of the car. I curse outloud every time I do it !

· Registered
211 Posts
I've tried all sorts of things to get rid of these marks and nothing seems to help. If anyone knows a product that will work, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

I've learned to be careful and not let it happen anymore but my passengers.......they do it everytime.

· Grinning from ear to ear
2,052 Posts
The stuff is called "Einzett Plastic Reineger". However, I've tried both that and the Mr Clean Magic Easer. Neither one of them fixed the problem. I've had these scuffs since the 2nd week I got my car - and it looks like i'm stuck with them for life :-(

If anyone knows a real good way to get them out, please let me know.
And yes, sir speedy, i think they must be real scratches, not just dirt.

· Registered
211 Posts
xspeedy said:
The scuff can be an actual abrasion (removal) of the skin on the door liner. Obviously, nothing wil fix this.
If the door panels "scratch" that easily, that's pretty poor quality from BMW. The marks on my doors have all come from soft sole shoes. Nobody was wearing golf shoes with metal spikes or anything.

· mmm... carbs!
3,111 Posts
Ci2Eye said:
If the door panels "scratch" that easily, that's pretty poor quality from BMW. The marks on my doors have all come from soft sole shoes. Nobody was wearing golf shoes with metal spikes or anything.
Yeah, it is pretty weak stuff. I've resorted to making templates from thick contractor garbage bags and sticking them on the panels with double sided tape.

· Banned
8,841 Posts
Ci2Eye said:
BMW tends to wrap the lower portion of the door with vinyl material over plastic. Unfortately the vinyl layer appears to be too thin.

They could just use plastic although it would not look as nice, but it would hold up better.

· Banned
8,841 Posts
Ci2Eye said:
So you guys think nothing is going to clean it because the material at the bottom of the door is most likely damaged forever?
My guess is have a detailer/dealer fix it. I bought a CPO a few years ago. I noticed scuffs marks on the driver's seat on the plastic parts by the switches and on the door panel.

Black interior car - A mobile detailer came to the lot and airbrushed the scuff marks away with a coating that resembled liquid plastic. Anyway, I could not tell it was repaired when he was done.

· mmm... carbs!
3,111 Posts
Ci2Eye said:
So you guys think nothing is going to clean it because the material at the bottom of the door is most likely damaged forever?
Try some of the solutions posted here. It'll be hard to know if the scuff is material that came off a shoe or if it is material from the door that is no longer there.

If cleaning doesn't work, you'll have to live with it.

· Registered
211 Posts
xspeedy said:
Try some of the solutions posted here. It'll be hard to know if the scuff is material that came off a shoe or if it is material from the door that is no longer there.

If cleaning doesn't work, you'll have to live with it.
Alright, thanks. I ordered the 1Z Plastik Reiniger product already so we'll see if it changes anything.

· Registered
211 Posts
Ci2Eye said:
Alright, thanks. I ordered the 1Z Plastik Reiniger product already so we'll see if it changes anything.
UPDATE:

I received the 1Z Plastik Reiniger and used it. I can't see any difference. Maybe it actually is scratched. I thought since the door panels were heavily grained that the scuffs were just in the crevices of the grain but the Plastik cleaner and a bristle brush didn't affect it so maybe nothing will. :thumbdwn:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.