BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 alpine white 330i. I normally polish the car a couple times a year and wax with Blitz carnuba wax. Always had good results although I end up waxing every 4-6 weeks.

Been thinking about trying something other than an organic wax. Looking at the Menzerna line of polish and sealants.

One concern of moving to a synthetic product is that I will be locked into continuing using that product. With wax, it will get washed off/evaporate and then I am down to clear coat. With these newer products is there a residual of the sealant that never goes away and can it become spotty?

Not really interested in the many steps that Zaino seems to require but would have not problme with a 2 or 3 three step process if I were to use Menzerna or Klasse products. Interested in your input and experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Have a look at the Wolfgang line of products...very high end and user friendly by hand or machine...on my details its my go to for white...lots of POP

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You won't have a problem using any synthetic sealant if you use a polish beofre you apply the sealant. Just use a product such as the Menzerna final polish II or Mother's pre-wax cleaner (the one without the carnuaba) and a random orbital buffer and it will remove any current wax or sealant and create a nice smooth surface for the new sealant to bond too. Just don't try to put sealant on the top of wax as the wax won't let it bond to the paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts