Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Russian Bimmer
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys , i'm trying to buy a part but i couldn't find the article number for it so i had to improvise

1-the shield which protects from the center of the car to the radiator ,I've the one which protects the engine itself and the gearbox ( i've found one but i'm not sure is it the one i need or that's the one i've )...photo attached
2-the turning signal arm , since the cruise control button i've doesn't work when pressing it, although the turning signals working just fine

BMW e39 98
vin bn63605

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Have you tried realoem.com? Many find their p/ns there. It's best if you enter the last 7 of your VIN.

Part 1 you list is often called a belly pan. Google that. Or try p/n 51718188806 on realoem.com. It fits my car, which is 1 year prior to yours.

The turn signal arm is often called a stalk. Isn't your cruise control 'on' button located on your dash, right of the steering wheel, and the controls are on the steering wheel itself. Look on realoem under "steering".

·
Russian Bimmer
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried realoem.com? Many find their p/ns there. It's best if you enter the last 7 of your VIN.

Part 1 you list is often called a belly pan. Google that. Or try p/n 51718188806 on realoem.com. It fits my car, which is 1 year prior to yours.

The turn signal arm is often called a stalk. Isn't your cruise control 'on' button located on your dash, right of the steering wheel, and the controls are on the steering wheel itself. Look on realoem under "steering".
thanks alot,
for the belly pan , i guess the one i found is the same , the thing is in Russia there's only an alternative not the original OEM,that's why i had to attach the photo i found

for the stalk , i'm talking about ths button i marked in the photo attached , as far as i remember it used to flick the screen between the mileage and the temp.or something like that , now it doesn't do anything

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Just search for e39 indicator stalk, there are many used ones on ebay, also from Latvia. I changed mine three times because the indicator going to the left doesnt want to flick back to zero, it still does not want to.
The botton at the end of the stalk is not for the cruise control, when you press it it cycles through temperature, mpg, reach etc....if you press the BC on your MID you have the same functions there, and pressing SET you can decide which ones should be displayed when pressing the stalk.

·
Russian Bimmer
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just search for e39 indicator stalk, there are many used ones on ebay, also from Latvia. I changed mine three times because the indicator going to the left doesnt want to flick back to zero, it still does not want to.
The botton at the end of the stalk is not for the cruise control, when you press it it cycles through temperature, mpg, reach etc....if you press the BC on your MID you have the same functions there, and pressing SET you can decide which ones should be displayed when pressing the stalk.
so i guess it's not a big issue to change it since the same functions can be set from the cluster itself

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Its very simple to change, remove the lower cover under steering wheel, push locking tap in with a screwdriver, pull out the stalk. Connect new one and push it in.

·
Russian Bimmer
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its very simple to change, remove the lower cover under steering wheel, push locking tap in with a screwdriver, pull out the stalk. Connect new one and push it in.
thanks alot for your instructions , i got from a chop shop and it works like charm )))

although i still don't know which shield i should get because all on Realoem are called engine shield , i have one under the engine , but from the end of that shield to the bumper under the radiator is the one i need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts