BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my new E90!

Does anyone else feel like the clutch pedal swings too far? It just seems that compared to the rest of the pedals it pushes a little too far back for my short legs. I am still fiddling with the seat (sport seats) and would like to know if ay experts out there know of good rules to follow when setting up your seat?

Sidenote: When I picked it up from the dealer I noticed that the floormats, when positioned where they should be, catch on the clutch pedal. Easy to adjust, but now my floormat is not in the right position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad to hear you like your E90. Mine will arrive in about 2 weeks.

Here's how I set up my driving position. Most of this info comes from an article written by Ralf Schumacher so I think it's safe to use! :thumbup:

(1) Raise the seat vertically until there is just enough room to fit a fist between your head and the roof. This gives you the best visibility yet you won't crack your skull over every bump in the road.

(2) Move the seat forwards or backwards so that, when the clutch is depressed, your left leg has a slight bend at the knee. In other words, you shouldn't need to lock your knee cap to engage the clutch.

(3) Move the rake back until you're truly locked into the seat. Feel like a bucket?

(4) Adjust the seatback angle. Most people have it reclined too far back. Ideally, it should be about 100 degrees which feels straight up and down until you get used to it. The 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the steering wheel should contact between your wrist and watch when arms are extended.

(5) Finally, adjust the steering wheel angle so you can see the gauges.

(6) If so equipped, adjust the back bolsters and thigh extension to fit. I believe these only come with the sport package seats.

Clear?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hell yeah it is! GREAT, Informative post!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts