BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got in the car the other night. The arm came out and handed me the seat belt, then fell on the floor!

Anyone else see this happen?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Uh oh....that's not good! Hopefully its an easy repair!! I haven't had this happen yet...but I always make sure I'm careful and the thing misses my seatbelt more often than not anyways :dunno:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was quite funny. The look on my wifes face when it fell on the ground.
"Maybe we should take my car..."
:tsk:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry bout your seat belt. Great screen name. When you get a few more posts, you can add him in as your avatar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This happened to my 09 328ix coupe a couple of months ago. My elderly father got into the passenger side seat, reached for the belt, and actually produced the plastic extender and asked, "what the heck is this thing?" Instead of grabbing the belt he yanked the extender out of the motor mount. Took it back to the dealer and they had to order special parts to fix it and the motor. Took about a month to get the parts but now everything works fine.

·
Passionate Enthusiast
318 Posts
I've always feared someone yanking on the seatbelt too hard and pulling the extender out of the mount. Fortunately this has not happened yet, but from the previous examples, I see it could happen.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
There is a BMW TSB which addresses this issue. The dealer will replace the arm with a new impoved arm which should refrain from breaking off like a skink tail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts