BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 BMW X3 and the seatbelt chime of the driver side randomly activates even when the seat belt is fastened. I would like to deactivate this chime. Putting the volume all the way down to zero is not nearly quiet enough. I always wear my seatbelt but I don't want to deal with having to pay someone to fix the malfunction. The seatbelt works fine it's only the electronics that are messed up. I've read a lot of comments about it can be done through coding but I can't find any actual explanation on how to do it.
Thanks

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,782 Posts
If it's a bit glutchy, try resetting the battery,
pull the negative terminal, leave it off for about an hour (some say 3) to reset all the DME's

I have a 2014 BMW X3 and the seatbelt chime of the driver side randomly activates even when the seat belt is fastened. I would like to deactivate this chime. Putting the volume all the way down to zero is not nearly quiet enough. I always wear my seatbelt but I don't want to deal with having to pay someone to fix the malfunction. The seatbelt works fine it's only the electronics that are messed up. I've read a lot of comments about it can be done through coding but I can't find any actual explanation on how to do it.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts