BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Come Back Soon
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting in my car the other day when I had to grab something on the passenger side and undid my seatbelt. So, of course the chime starts yelling at me, but I ignore it for a minute or so and it stops. It made wonder if it was on a timer? To find out, I undid my seatbelt on my drive home yesterday.

First I noticed that I felt very uncomfortable in the car without the restraint. While I grew up in the 60's, before car seats or anyone really used seatbelts, I have worn one for the last 15 years or so. Also, it was when there where less than 300,000 people living in Vegas, not 1.8 million with cars. Well, after about 90 seconds the chime stops, and for the rest of the drive it stays off. So, while it is not for me nor is it recommended by me, it appears to be a way around it. But for me, I feel much more comfortable with the seatbelt on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same "naked" feeling without seatbelt on.
Ever since I took my licence 28 years ago, I never drive without it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats odd. As I know everytime I place a heavy object on the passenger seat, my seat belt chime continues for as long as i drive.

·
Come Back Soon
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not tried this on the passenger side, but I know that it works on the driver side.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
Me, too. I have to buckle the groceries in.
Really? My briefcase/laptop (about 10lb total) causes no chimes.

·
Come Back Soon
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mister-e90 said:
hey tio, i was in LV about a month ago and visited Desert BMW, the guy told me there that they don't do discounts cuz they're in LV...is that true?
That's the first time I heard that quote.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have that passenger side chime problem as well--two six packs of beer(a good import, of course), a gallon of milk, etc. and the chime just keeps on going. I can't believe the damn thing has an auto cut-off on the DRIVER'S side! That's just nuts!

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
In order to accurately duplicate his theory, you need to first have the seatbelt buckled in the passenger seat while driving, then unbuckle it.

Not just put something in the passenger seat and leave it unbuckled.

Someone give it a try.

-N-

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Nevervana said:
In order to accurately duplicate his theory, you need to first have the seatbelt buckled in the passenger seat while driving, then unbuckle it.

Not just put something in the passenger seat and leave it unbuckled.

Someone give it a try.

-N-
Hi Nevervana. Where have you been? :)

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Making love to BigHats wife. :)

-N-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.