BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just picked up a 2015 650 I X-Drive with low miles. Love this car but I am finding the tension in the drivers seat belt to be very tight against my shoulder and it gets tighter as I drive causing me to have to adjust it often. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, was there a remedy?

Thank You!

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Welcome to the club...although no one else has made a comment yet...it is a common complaint. I feel that the seat belt is tight against my shoulder...but I wouldn't say that it gets "tighter" as I continue to drive...but it does become more irritable. :)

You have no info as to your location...but for me...fall & winter has offered a reprieve in that cooler/cold weather has brought some relief due to the need to wear additional garments like a jacket or coat....which offers some relief.

If you live were its warm weather all the time...it may be something you have to get used to...or perhaps seek to find something (like a seat belt pad) that can offer some cushioned relief where the seatbelt is an irritant.

The issue is probably due to the seat belt being incorporated into the seat back instead of being attached to the B pillar.

{examples of seat belt pads}

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Saved The Day!

Thanks to QSilver7 for the feedback. Honestly, this product saved the day for me and the car I have admired for so long.

Seatbelt Tension Adjuster (2 Packs of 2)
by Seat Belt Tension Adjuster

Available on Amazon.

Cheers!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can you take some pics of that installed? I'm trying to picture how this would work..thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Thanks to QSilver7 for the feedback. Honestly, this product saved the day for me and the car I have admired for so long.

Seatbelt Tension Adjuster (2 Packs of 2)
by Seat Belt Tension Adjuster

Available on Amazon.

Cheers!
Thanks for the update...and glad you found a solution you're happy with.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I got my 640 in January and have driven it about 2500 miles since purchase. It’s a ‘14 with extremely low miles and have found that with more use, the tension seems to have backed off with more use. When I first got the car, the tension was do high that I could barely extend the belt to fasten it. It actually took both hands to extend. Now, it’s much easier to extend and also, much less pressure on the shoulder while wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts