BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Driver's Seat Loose 640 Vert

Hello friends...

My seat is also loose and is now back at the dealership for the second time. I have provided them with several posts on the issue and would like to know with certainty if in fact there was ever a TSB on this specific issue? I have a hard time believing BMW is not aware of this issue given the number of vehicles that appear to have had this issue.

Thanks for your feedback!

· Registered
420 Posts
My local store here in Sarasota eplaced seat pan 2x , various rails 2x, finally replaced entire seatframe ..problem fixed. As BMW sells under 30k of these world wide, it is not surprising they do not put a engineering team on this for 10-15 vehicles.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello-i have a 2012 650i conv. Both front seats move side to side when cornering. This started a yr ago. Serviced car and they said couldn’t find a problem without taking seats apart. That would cost a lot of $$. Have 33k miles and off warranty. Is there a recall or BMW service bulletin on the fix that’s mentioned in this thread?

· Registered
4 Posts
Seats

Boss823

The dealer tried the "bushing replacement" no luck. They actually replaced the frames of both seats (this was covered by CPO here in the states) I'm not sure if BMW will cover in Italy. I have not heard of any DIY ideas to fix the movement. Online prices of seat frames are about $3,000.00 for the pair.

· Registered
4 Posts
I read the thread but I didn't found any valid way to fix this problem.

This is terrible because I just sold my e63 (m6 pack) that was perfect, no problem!

I bought this f13 last week, I've just ordered the new wheel m6 and the wheels 343M.

The car has also a strange noise on the rear suspentions (when there's a"jump")
And I discvered today that If I turn on led light It's ok. But If I put the lever on the adaptive led lights, the left led switch off and a message warning say me that the led is broken.
Next week I go to bmw, I hope the can solve my problems!

· Registered
145 Posts
My driver seat seems okay but now all of the sudden my passenger seat makes an awful clicking noise. It goes away if I push on the seat. Is this related to this topic or something else?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
19 Posts
Could we get an update on the success of Allan Thompson***8217;s bracket. Either from Allan or others that have tried it. Has it worked for the long haul? Us ***8220;out of warranty***8221; guys would prefer this to paying the dealership for a new seat pan.

· Registered
420 Posts
The only way ,IMHO , to fix shifting front driver or ( passenger seat), is to replace the entire frame. I had multiple pans, seat rails, supports, bushings, you name it...only thing that repaired problem is full frame. I’m 19 months into this repair and all is well. I do NOT allow drivers seat back to fall back into position after tipping seat forward any longer, as you may surmise.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

61 - 80 of 108 Posts