BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to know it anybody has replaced the stock seats in the Z3. Im not a real fan of the stock seat but do like to electric base. Have taken the passenger seat out and have determined that with a little fabrication the seat base could be adapted to attach to an aftermarket seat. Has anyone done this and if so what seat did you install.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Most people find that the biggest limitation is the width at shoulder height. There are very few seats that can fit in a Z3.

Why do you want to replace them? Worn out? Uncomfortable? Want a different style?

There was an option for Sport seats in the Z3, and those will bolt right in. You could search for a set of those.

Maybe you just need to improve the seat comfort: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923880

·
The Arkleyologist
594 Posts
I've posted on this subject before and am not a fan of the z3 seat....the most effective thing I have done (besides increasing rake with addition of the 1" spacer at the front of the rail) is to put a wedge cushion on the seat bottom. I am relatively short at 5' 9" and always had the lumbar portion of the seat hitting me in the upper portion of my back. By adding the cusion the lumbar feature now hits me in the appropriate lumber area of the spine...much more comfortable this way...

·
1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
406 Posts
Several years ago I posed the exact question too. I know it can be done, since I have seen several with aftermarket sport seats. Just not sure which ones would fit and how to mount these seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts