Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Jan. 2017 I bought a 2014 X1 S28i; loved the fact this was based on the E91 platform, turbo 4 cylinder, 8 spd. DCT and RWD. Not really an SUV and probably the best handling "crossover" in its class.I went with the bare bones spec model, mainly due to a preference for "dumb" cars; never been wild for the touchscreen interfaces that are not Apple Carplay based. Sorted the lack of audio BT by purchasing a Tunai Firefly, the smallest BT receiver that is pretty well hidden.

Onto the bare spec model, I have the power seats but they are the base seats. As this model shares parts with the 1/3 series do either of the seats bolt into our X1s? More importantly, do the airbag plugs match? Not too concerned with the seat rtack, one can always be modified but would prefer to maintain the airbags for safety and to not throw any codes. Been eyeing 1 series seats on eBay. I find the bolstering on these seats to be... lacking.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking into flashes for the N20 motor, hoping the GIAC would flash across, not crazy for piggybacks. Had an 03 GTI with the 1.8T that was flashed, would assume that in 2017 a BMW would have similar functionality.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Why not find sport seats from an E84? They'd be better than the quite-flat base ones.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
E90 sport seats will fit too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have considered the upgraded seats for the E84 as an easy upgrade; was just curious regarding other options across the BMW lineup. Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts