BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seat Sensor Passenger Side R&R Question

Anyone have a tip on the removal of the seat sensor for the air bag system. Can I remove the seat and do it outside or would I have to keep it in the car so I can electronically move the seat around? What to look out for and any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
What is your goal? Do you want to pull the seat out of the car for some reason?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Probably the easiest to take the whole seat out to do anything that need ripping the seat's skin apart. I guess you are having trouble with the sensor mat and the airbag light is on.

Bear in mind that even if you pull the sensor mat out, the airbag light will still come on despite resetting. Because the computer knows that's no sensor mat where there should be one.

1 way is to change the airbag computer so it ignore the sensor mat signals, which can be done at dealers using their DIS/MoDic computers. I've approached a couple of dealers but they refuse to do it. (But I know they can do it)

Hope that helps~~

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My apology for not telling everyone that I did a read out of the DTC airbag system and found that the seat sensor was bad. I got a new mat and plugged it in and reset the computer before installing it and all was well.

I took the seat apart inside while I had the ability to move the seat electronically. It was not fun but got the new pad in and all is clear on my display. :)

I hope this pad last a lifetime cause this was a pain :mad: . The mat was about 90 dollars.
My bodyshop friend had the reset tool from a snap-on man on a trial basis :rofl: ......works nice!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts