BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Uniquely desultory
40,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . to allow me to remove the bolts at the rear of the rails. Last night I proceeded with the simple task of removing my Recaros and installing my leather comfort seats. I'm tired of Recaros and they'd probably sell better than the comfort seats anyway. So I jump in, thinking about 30 minutes a seat max, only to be stymied hard right off the git-go as the driver's Recaro hits a hard stop after only going about half the distance forward. I can't see what's doing it. It feels like a factory stop, not some accident - very firm, always in the same spot.

Bleeping annoying.

· Uniquely desultory
40,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done it both sitting in it, and kneeling down, looking under the seat, pulling on the back of the seat. You sort of have to wedge you fingers between the upper and lower halves and grab. Works the same both times. I can't see any blockage - I'm worried there might be a bolt or screw inside one of the slides. I'll have to keep playing with it.

· Uniquely desultory
40,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ No, haven't tried tipping the seat forward, I'll give that a shot. If that doesn"t work, I guess I'll just have to pick up the car and shake it til whatever might be stuck in there falls out. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.