BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone knows where the connection between seat and seatbelt mechanism cable is. I've checked the seatbelt mechanism on the b-pillar but it's fine. I think the problem is related to the connection but I'm not sure where it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
zandyah said:
Is there anyone knows where the connection between seat and seatbelt mechanism cable is. I've checked the seatbelt mechanism on the b-pillar but it's fine. I think the problem is related to the connection but I'm not sure where it is.
Those that disconnect them tend to do so under the seat.

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
zandyah said:
Is there anyone knows where the connection between seat and seatbelt mechanism cable is. I've checked the seatbelt mechanism on the b-pillar but it's fine. I think the problem is related to the connection but I'm not sure where it is.
Are you having a problem with this setting?

Hope this helps....JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I'm trying to fix the problem when the seatbelt height 'auto' adjusted didn't move when I slide the seat back and forth. It should move up and down automatically when the driver seat is moved back and forth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
zandyah said:
Actually, I'm trying to fix the problem when the seatbelt height 'auto' adjusted didn't move when I slide the seat back and forth. It should move up and down automatically when the driver seat is moved back and forth.
Sorry, but the shoulder belt height is "adjusted" via the headrest position, not the seat. The higher the headrest is set, the higher the shoulder belt. Try it yourself. Raise the headrest and start the car. The shoulder belt will move acordingly.

Hope this helps...JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
SRFast said:
Sorry, but the shoulder belt height is "adjusted" via the headrest position, not the seat. The higher the headrest is set, the higher the shoulder belt. Try it yourself. Raise the headrest and start the car. The shoulder belt will move acordingly.

Hope this helps...JL
Perhaps in your 2003, but not in my 2000 or any other E39 I have been in.

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
BillP said:
Perhaps in your 2003, but not in my 2000 or any other E39 I have been in.

Bill
I agree with Bill, my 99 528i does the same thing, the seat belt height moves up & down when I move the seat back & forth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was unaware it was different in previous years.

Regards....JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
.

01 moves with the back and forth motion as well, not the headrests. I really would rather have it move with the headrests. I wonder if there is a mod... :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found the connection finally. It's just under the seat at the back location. I didn't notice it before since the thin cable and the 'head' has been pulled into a small hole on the floor. However, I still couldn't fix it since the 'hook clip' is gone missing (maybe lost during valeting'. :(
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top