Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I pulled my 2015 F30 out of the garage this morning, had my seatbelt on, and the standard startup lights had all gone off, when suddenly the seatbelt warning light and screen alert came on after a first few hundred feet of driving. There were no passengers in the car and only a light coat on the back seat. After about 30 seconds the warning went off. The problem appeared again this evening when I was leaving work. I buckled and unbuckled the seatbelt with no success while the alert was on.

I called the dealer this evening to schedule an appointment. Any idea what's wrong?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faulty sensor perhaps? :dunno:
that's what im thinking, and in the passenger seat(s). when i unbuckle the driver's seatbelt after the incident described above, the light comes (as it should) and shuts off when i rebuckle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife has been getting "ghost" warnings going off on her passenger side too of her F32. She is going to hit the service department to see if they can fix.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have any sort of electronic device sitting on the seat, or if the seat has gotten wet sometime recently, it can set off the warning.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have any sort of electronic device sitting on the seat, or if the seat has gotten wet sometime recently, it can set off the warning.
i am the only one that drives the car and know the seat hasn't gotten wet. BUT i do keep my work blackberry on the seat. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow so will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's it, the electronic device issue. just went on a drive and the alarm was triggered with my blackberry or android phones. I found when the phones were plugged in and charging, and put on the middle of the passenger seat, the gong went off. The blackberry weighs 6.25 ounces (less than half a pound) and the android 4.5 ounces so not very heavy at all. Looks like there is an electronic/RFI issue known with these seats.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 435i when new. They ended up ordering a new seat bottom for the passenger side to fix the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts