BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally secured financing for Andy to get a car. It was a huge PITA. Self employed 24 year olds with no credit do not normally get $40K cars.

Estimated production date is 4/26/02.

Specs:

3.0i Coupe
Dakar Yellow
Walnut non-enxtended leather
17" cross spokes
Dog net
Roof
Heated seats

We're doing performance delivery.

I was surprised we got no grief from BMW on the color combo. I think no one knows how wretched this combo will look, and that's why it got approved. [draw your own conclusions as to why we ordered it this way].

She will get Ohio plates "LZ2".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds great! Congrats! Oh a question...

Hows the Leather wrapping of Doug's shifter coming along? I've been talking to him and he's trying to split the ball and pin it so that the leather could be applied.

I think it would look great with the bottom hemisphere wrapped in thin interior matching leather and the top polished as is... or two tone top and bottom to match interior. You could NAME you''re price on one of those!

Take care,
Adam

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're just talking possibilities with Doug at this point. I dunno what will happen next. I don't think Doug is having trouble selling knobs as-is and he might even be having trouble keeping up with demand.

Half steel and half leather will mean the leather half will be 2.2mm bigger diameter. Might not be nice.

2-tone leather would be easy however. So would perforated Momo style.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
You guys (I assume it will be you & Andy...) are going to love the PCD!
Sue and I had a great time, though I wish I had gotten out of the car sooner when Sue was doing the slalom :rolleyes:
It will be interesting to see if you'll get the plant tour...
Just being there (in town) should present the possibility of seeing a prototype on the road.
Too bad Andy doesn't want (your) black interior...
Or is that your motive?

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plan is for Andy to get my interior and I will get his.

We're still workingon the design of his. Probably some shade of black or dark gray suede with Dakar Yellow stitching.

Hopefully we'll see a 4 running around on the roads around the plant.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Jon, you coming down to bimmerfest this year?

·
Registered
520 Posts
JonM said:
We finally secured financing for Andy to get a car. It was a huge PITA. Self employed 24 year olds with no credit do not normally get $40K cars.

Estimated production date is 4/26/02.

Specs:

3.0i Coupe
Dakar Yellow
Walnut non-enxtended leather
17" cross spokes
Dog net
Roof
Heated seats

We're doing performance delivery.

I was surprised we got no grief from BMW on the color combo. I think no one knows how wretched this combo will look, and that's why it got approved. [draw your own conclusions as to why we ordered it this way].

She will get Ohio plates "LZ2".
Alright another Dakar Yellow Coupe!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.