BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was thinking of you and Karen all morning!

CONGRATS!

For the rest of the 'festers... David and I are ED-buddies, having taken simultaneous delivery three years ago... and then we met up again on Lake Como a week or so later...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Fantastic!

The Stelvio is open a little earlier than it was when we were there in 2008... maybe a day or two?

·
Registered
987 Posts
But, but, but... I had JUST gotten back from Holland a few weeks before you left... and I'm leaving for Norway in a few weeks from now! I would have loved to join you but my boss would notice my absence. :angel:

Nonetheless I am jealous...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thanks as always for the write-up. I'm getting both the nostalgia for my first ED (and remembering your ordeal from 3 years ago, actually :eek:) and a glimpse of the next one as we're going to Italy this time around. On that topic, any restaurant recommendations for Lake Como? We're staying in Bellagio but I don't think a nice drive with the top down to go somewhere else is out the question. :D
Now this, I can answer!

Ristorante Barchetta. It's on one of the "stepped" pedestrian alleys. I know exactly where it is but I don't know the name of the alley. It's popular, you will walk past it if you are staying there.

Get on the ferry and check out Lenno during your stay. Albergo Plinio is a short 5 minute stroll from the dock - waterfront. Our favorite spaghetti bolognese. I also get a filled pasta with sage/butter sauce.

Varenna: Vecchia Varenna on the waterfront. For views, Eremo Gaudio. The food isn't much to crow about, but you won't mind when you see the views from there. Just drink a lot of prosecco.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just once I want to see a photo of a group of women standing around an open hood, hands on their chins, peering in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.