Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Active Autowerke says they can code out secondary Air pump! For Off road purposes of course.

$200 for just the delete, or add $100 to the $459 tune to combine it.

So for $559 I can never worry about secondary air, gain some power and have a smoother running car overall. Sounds compelling for sure.

http://store.activeautowerke.com/co...active-autowerke-e60-performance-software-545

Any body have a tune from them. I know plenty of 3 series guys running their superchargers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, secondary air delete would eliminate a reoccurring maintenance issue that causes a cel, but the car runs fine. The power comes from the custom tune.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Technician called me today to apologize. The sales guy was incorrect. Secondary air is here to stay it seems.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
whats the point of having a secondary air pump anyway, mine hasn't been working since I got the car and it rides just fine, i just hate the annoying CEL light, as long as its hot outside, if I reset the the code it wont come back until the day cools down or over night...

·
Registered
337 Posts
whats the point of having a secondary air pump anyway, mine hasn't been working since I got the car and it rides just fine, i just hate the annoying CEL light, as long as its hot outside, if I reset the the code it wont come back until the day cools down or over night...

Damn bro mine does exactly the same thing lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an email from ESS now that says they can kill secondary air, but cautioned me out might fail emissions. Not an issue where I live. I then asked if in addition to killing secondary air could I get a 93+ octane tune with a little more power than what's advertised on there website.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ESS had confirmed they can deactivate secondary air with no cel and provide a tweaked 93 octane. I live in a non emissions testing area so rather than clean the ports and replace the parts required I'm going to put that money into software.
European's don't have to deal with secondary air and they seem happy. :)

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
With the right tuner, you can have the monitor for the SAP system turned off or always set to ready.

Then you just need to block off the port for the check valve. Possibly vacuum lines as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I finally ordered the tune from ESS. Looking forward to get their software installed.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
192 Posts
Secondary Air Systems on Euro Models

ESS had confirmed they can deactivate secondary air with no cel and provide a tweaked 93 octane. I live in a non emissions testing area so rather than clean the ports and replace the parts required I'm going to put that money into software.
European's don't have to deal with secondary air and they seem happy. :)
Hi ETNSandman,

I've seen the reference more than a few times on various forums. If you don't mind me asking, why are you under the impression Euro models don't have secondary air systems? I have a 2005 545i here in Germany and it has a secondary air system. I did the service myself with the AGA kit last year. It was a royal PIA but I guess it's all relative, I'm used to working on old muscle cars and old pick up trucks. I planned to do a few services together as a project but then it kind of snowballed on me. Knowing what I know now and the scope the snowball eventually became I would have pulled the engine instead of servicing in the car. So far so good however I still get the occasional cloud of shame after prolonged idle but it is way less than it used to be. Oil consumption is better but still unbelievable. Will try a catch can before I do the valve seals. Unfortunately deactivate / tune is not an option here considering TÜV (German Biennial Inspection). With all that said (frustration in between the lines) the car is a pleasure to drive. High maintenance girlfriends, what's a guy to do?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I realize all 545's have secondary air, but from what I've read it's a less monitored system in some regions and won't throw a cel.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the clarification

I realize all 545's have secondary air, but from what I've read it's a less monitored system in some regions and won't throw a cel.
Hi ETNSandman,

Thanks for the clarification. At least in Germany I can confirm it is monitored with a bevy of other items. Changing the air filter element can cause TÜV to void the registration of a car.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

ESS goodies received. Stage 1 was to install the software and then read my ECU data and calibration data. Then I'll email the file to them to work their magic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
First Impression

Hi ENTSandman,

Looking forward to your first impression and follow up. Keep us posted. I'm interested in your results even if it wouldn't be an option here in Germany.

·
Registered
650 Posts
hi entsandman,

looking forward to your first impression and follow up. Keep us posted. I'm interested in your results even if it wouldn't be an option here in germany.
+1

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Received my file last night but can't flash until tomorrow due to the holiday. Soon though, tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, first file still had secondary air being monitored but defiantly felt different. Flashed a second file from AJ with secondary air off and I'm very pleased. Car feels smoother and more refined at slow speeds, especially coming to a stop when the car used to have a little lung as I neared dead stop.

But seriously...no secondary air codes. Yeah! I have a 93 octane tune with a drop in K&N and Magnaflow muffler as part of the tune.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 20 of 32 Posts