BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Seeking advice re: Intelligent emergency call upgrade/recall options

835 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  JimH46
I'm asking for any advice/thoughts/knowledge regarding the Intelligent Emergency Call system recall/upgrade that is happening. We recently received an option to upgrade the emergency call system, get a $300 BMW accessories credit, or a $200 Visa gift card. I can't figure out what to do.

I have a 2013 X3 with no navigation system. I don't pay for any extra connections for ConectedDrive so I'm wondering if the upgraded emergency call would even work.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
It is my impression that one only gets the option if one has an active subscription.
Emergency calling will not work. 2G connections, the old systems are being phased out so without a retrofit your car will have no way of making any calls.

Tim
The answer is your emergency will cease to work if you don't get the new box installed. It's free, or you let the service go dead and accept one of the options for some money from BMW. My 2014 X1 came with 10 years of service included. I also only don't have the optional Connected Service features.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.