BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 5 month old car professionally, and I mean professionally detailed yesterday by CP Car Detailing in New York. I recommend that you visit their site:
http://www.cpcardetailing.com/about-us

Ciro and Christian were unbelievable thorough throughout the process. I told them what my budget was and they told me what they were going to do and assured me it would fit my budget. Expected them to finish in about 7-8 hours considering that they charge $60 p/hr. for their work. Eleven hours later, they were inspecting every inch of the car, making sure that I was completely happy before I drove off. And they still kept to my original budget.

They are passionate about detailing and am glad that they were only 45 minutes from my home.

If I sound like I'm waxing enthusiastic about these guys, well, I am. It's really hard to find professional detailers in my area, and the trip was well worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Very nice!! Is that Montego blue?

·
smooth like butter
1,541 Posts
OP, what a beauty! You are giving me some ideas. I just have to wait for a good stretch of sunny days to pick.

:thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Got my 5 month old car professionally, and I mean professionally detailed yesterday by CP Car Detailing in New York.
Ciro and Christian were unbelievable thorough throughout the process. I told them what my budget was and they told me what they were going to do and assured me it would fit my budget. Expected them to finish in about 7-8 hours considering that they charge $60 p/hr. for their work. Eleven hours later, they were inspecting every inch of the car, making sure that I was completely happy before I drove off. And they still kept to my original budget.

They are passionate about detailing and am glad that they were only 45 minutes from my home.

If I sound like I'm waxing enthusiastic about these guys, well, I am. It's really hard to find professional detailers in my area, and the trip was well worth it.
It's a new car. :confused: So you spent a little over $400.00 for sparkling bling?
How often you planning to do that? I should shop around my area. My local BMW want $140.00 for detail...compare to you I think it's ok then?:dunno:

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
...considering that they charge $60 p/hr. for their work. Eleven hours later...
Are you saying that you just spent $660 to have your car detailed?

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Yeah. I have to shop around for a good detailer.

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's exceptional, especially how reflective the paint is. What was it like before the detail?
As for cost speculations, if I and a friend spent 11 hours skillfully making someone's car look that polished, I'd think $330 a piece including expenses was working fairly cheap.

·
wooohooo
2,909 Posts
Congratulations! Don't take any of the below in the wrong way at all, I just want to share some of my very recent research . . .

It might just be an optical illusion or something, and it's supposedly hard to diagnose exactly unless you're there in person, but there appears to be quite a bit of "orange peel", particularly in the 4th and 7th photos. However, it might be milder than it appears, because wax supposedly amplifies any existing orange peel (I've been recently researching this, and there are only 3 threads with "orange peel" in the title when searching the detailing subforum).

Anyways, if you're going to keep this car for the long haul, you might time a serious paint refresh with wetsanding + the whole process, as soon as a couple of years from now, or five years from now, or many years from now, or something. Just something to look into and/or be aware of. You can check out the Ferrari thread in the detailing subforum to see some pretty horrible levels of OP that were taken out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's exceptional, especially how reflective the paint is. What was it like before the detail?
As for cost speculations, if I and a friend spent 11 hours skillfully making someone's car look that polished, I'd think $330 a piece including expenses was working fairly cheap.
The car was prepped by the dealer. Went to his weekly free car wash for the months of Nov. and Dec. Went through the touchless a number of times and through a brushless once. Removed snow with the Snow-Brum. Needles to say, the car had plenty of swirls.

For the price I paid ($500) I expected to get his Package #2, with one level of polish. However, he did Package #3, with 2 levels of polish, etc. Remember, this is 2 guys, working 11 hours, doing a superb job (99% of swirls gone). Yes, I consider the price a bargain.

He "reworked" a few areas he was not happy with and topped off the whole car with Blackfire, including the windows ( didn't know Blacfire could be used on the glass). What I was surprised with, was that there was no dust on the car from my road home, and virtually none when I checked it this morning.

·
Insert T I T L E here
1,970 Posts
I must say I agree with Gia... yes, it looks great, but I've gone on vacations that cost less than that. 22 man-hours on a 5 month old production vehicle for vanity?

Approaching 2% of the value of a new car on a detail is excessive IMO. :dunno: To each his own, I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts