BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had this appear on the instrument panel. The indicator light on the suspension height/level switch is still on and it will blink when I try to raise or lower the vehicle. This happened right after I was sitting on uneven ground. I recently purchase the x5 and the dealer said they replaced the front driver side air strut and had the suspension re-calibrated two weeks prior to me getting the SUV. The fuses for the air suspension are good as well. Any help is appreciated and please share similar experiences.

·
Registered
76 Posts
95% of the time it is leaking air bag

I have air suspension on both my X5 and MB R500. In all my cases it was the bags leaking. I have not had good luck changing one bag. I have found I could not get normal operation on either car till I changed pairs i.e. 2 fronts 2 backs. Soap testing does not work more of the bag is hiden from view. Is the car leaking down when parked over night? That would be the bag I would change

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I haven't noticed a height change from the vehicle to much. The dealer mechanic noticed that all the other sides were slightly lower than the front driver side strut that was replaced. I'd like to talk to the dealership owner again to discuss these problems with him to see if he's willing to either fix the problems or take the vehicle back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have air suspension on both my X5 and MB R500. In all my cases it was the bags leaking. I have not had good luck changing one bag. I have found I could not get normal operation on either car till I changed pairs i.e. 2 fronts 2 backs. Soap testing does not work more of the bag is hiden from view. Is the car leaking down when parked over night? That would be the bag I would change
Actually I haven't noticed a height change from the vehicle too much. The dealer mechanic noticed that all the other sides were slightly lower than the front driver side strut that was replaced. I'd like to talk to the dealership owner again to discuss these problems with him to see if he's willing to either fix the problems or take the vehicle back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it to Carr Industries in Greensboro where they can actually get into the computer to look at the suspension. I was told it was the front right passenger side air bag. This goes along with what you said about replacing in pairs. The driver side had been replaced recently but not the passenger side. Thanks for you help by the way!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same problem, one side is lower and front axle only goes up but not down.
To be in normal position I must to adapt front bags with ISTA/P.
Is it possible because of small air leak don't want to go down but rear axle work without problem.

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.